Chapter 41

-Tengen’s POV-
‘(Y/n)’s breathing seems to be short breaths… Why is that… Is she still hurt from earlier?’ After that I noticed that the Kamado boy held out his pointer, middle, and thumb out, shaking them up and down behind his back. ‘I’m guessing that is for (Y/n). ‘ I thought as I remembered that was the sign for, ‘Are you okay?’

“Some of your underlings just came, but there won’t be a happy future waiting for you, man. You’re all going to die, so don’t go all sparky eyes on me.” I stood behind the Kamado boy a few feet back as (Y/n) stood in front of me a few. “We are demon hunters, we’ll win.” I yelled back flashily as the female demon thought up a ‘smart’ remark and spoke her mind about it. “No you can't! That pillar! Your last ray of hope will die from the poison!” After she said that the boy in front of me turned around, shocking (Y/n) who was eye level with the boy since she was leaning forward a bit.

Kamado then suddenly flashed his hands making signs as I couldn’t quite understand since they weren’t the signs from in the notepad. “Why are you apologizing for scaring her? I think it was pointless in the end since you all are going to die.” The demon known as Gyotaro said, rolling his eyes as he pulled his sickles closer to his face before dropping his arms down again.

‘Wait!? This demon knows sign language!?!?’ I thought about how he would have known it or why he still remembers it. But all I know now is that we are in trouble now… “Don’t look down on humans! We’ll win easily, you dumb underlings!! And (Y/n)...” Sweat drops a little before speaking again knowing she can’t hear me anyway.

“There may be poison in my body, but I’m still running high! These three boys are my prized successors. They won’t run away! They’ve got guts!” “FUHAHA! HELL YEAH!! TELL EM!” Inosuke yelled, interrupting me.

“Even if you cut off my limbs, I’ll come biting at you! We have already figured out how to beat you guys!” I yelled walking forward a bit putting my hand on (Y/n)’s shoulder indicating that we were the ones to figure out how to beat them. “Just cut your heads off at the same time. You’ll both die simultaneously!”

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and I turned up to see who it was and saw that it was Uzui. It seemed to me like he was talking and as he was talking I got a glimpse of my brother yelling ‘Umai!’ as he seemed to tell me.

I started to tear up a bit before wiping the one eye I can see out of. ‘I can’t start crying now.’ I thought before noticing Tanjiro looking back at the sound pillar behind me.

Suddenly the female demon started attacking us with her sash and I sliced the sash going after Uzui. A split second later Zenitsu used one of his breathing forms to send the female upper moon to the roof tops. Soon after Inosuke pulled up his swords pointing to himself with his thumbs before disappearing out of the room through the walls.

The male demon then started to stare at us three that were still in the room down as if he was waiting for his next time to strike.

-Tanjiro’s POV-
“Just like you guys. So we’ll claw out your windpipes, man.” Gyotaro says as he then closes his left eye. Suddenly the demon goes quiet and I could feel his bloodlust fill the air. (Y/n) then stood up straight letting the hand with her katana hand loosely as if she was kinda bored.

‘That’s some intense bloodlust! I’m getting goosebumps from my elbows to my head. Of course the opponent is upper moon six here! Keep it together I have to protect (Y/n)-san and Uzui-san!’ I thought, trying to calm my nerves thinking of any possibility that can happen.

‘Swing the blade the moment he moves. The moment he moves, even if it is just a little.’ I thought, suddenly Gyotaro was an inch from me as he swung his sickle upward at my neck. ‘Swing!! Swing the blade! Dodge! Dodge! Throw your head back! Throw your hea-’

~~~ ~~~
Cliff hanger number uno! 😅😃

I hope you have a good day or night, and a good rest of your week. Toodals!