Chapter 77

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I was about to dash my way over there but somebody seemed to beat me to it. It looks like flame breathing but it wasn't. I remember this breathing style from anywhere. It belongs to Tanjiro, but he told me he learned it from somewhere else. He said it was passed on them.
~~~ ~~~

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I couldn't quite get that but it made a huge difference as it stopped Muzan from regenerating for a little bit. It was about to help Kanao get out of the way but Tanjiro seemed to beat me at that as well as he gave her off to another demon slayer.

Tanjiro started unleashing a lot of the breathing techniques he has learned over the past few months, but he started to use them constantly and repeatedly. 'I haven't seen this form.. Is he trying to make a new one?' I thought before looking up to see if I should go help Sanemi or help Tanjiro.

I decided it was best to go help Tanjiro as he is facing the demon king. And if we defeat the demon king we'll be free and we won't have to worry about any more demons. 'Sorry Sanemi, gotta help this boy first..' I thought before re-engaging my demon slayer mark.

My body temperature is rising on dangerously high levels and I'm starting to feel cold. 'Have I lost too much blood??' I panic as I start to raise my sword, deflecting and cutting through some of the demon's whips. As soon as I cut through the whips they just instantly regenerate which can be a pain in the ass.

Tanjiro seemed to be in deep trouble as one of the whipped blades went straight for him and he didn't have enough time to dodge. I didn't have enough time to get over there as I was dealing with my own deadly weapons from this stupid demon, but thankfully Obanai was able to make it there before I could save him.

Muzan seems to be more focused on them as soon as they seem to be a little slower. This shocked me as this isn't how fast he used to be when we started. Muzan then started to show wounds or old scars from his previous battles. 'Are these weak spots?!' I thought before trying to head for one of them.

Suddenly a crow came above us shouting something yet I couldn't hear it, but the news seemed to make Muzan flea, surprising all of us. Tanjiro and I started running after him as he started picking up the swords off the ground and throwing them at him. Obanai managed to stab his waved sword into the demon's neck.

They seem to stop the demon as Tanjiro uses his breathing technique to try and go for one of the weak spots on his back. Contra gave me a slip of paper back there and I looked at what it was before getting what he was trying to go for. I ran over to a snake pillar as I was able to grab him, having us dodge the attack.

Kaburamaru started to sniff me before I handed him one of the seals. And I put the other one on Obanai's forehead. He then nodded towards me as I couldn't tell what he said but I assumed it was a thanks as Kaburamaru also sizzled his tongue at me.

-Obanai's POV-
Someone grabbed on to me as they pushed me out of a way of what I seemed to be in attack as I heard a loud rumble behind us. Kaburamaru then told me that it was (Y/n) surprising me as she hasn't been in the battle for a little bit.

As we regained our footing she put something on my head which made me be able to see what they were saying, but a little different. 'It may be different from normal human vision, but at least I can see now. It's gotten a lot easier to fight!!'

I passed by Tanjiro as we both circled dodging whipping blades. "Pincer him!! Make sure to move it away to constantly corner him!" Tanjiro then seemed to let out flame breathing technique but it wasn't quite that. It surprised me at first before I started yelling at him again.

"We can't afford to let him escape from this place! The two of us can do it!!" I yelled hoping to give us a little bit more momentum and motivation as we only had forty minutes to go till daybreak.

"Okay!" Replied the younger boy as (Y/n) was able to come up and predict the attacks, as she wasn't getting hit as much anymore. She even made a few combo moves with Tanjiro and I which was good as we were still cornering the demon king.

'Move it! Don't block my way!' I thought, breathing heavily as my stamina was getting lower. "THIRTY FIVE MINUTES UNTIL DAWN!!" Muzan's arm then started to morph as it got a little bit bigger. "Iguro-san, Muzan's splitting apart! He's going to break himself in a tiny piece so he can escape!"

I was shocked by the news I just heard. 'What the hell!?! He could do that!?' I thought as Kaburamaru coiled around my neck. Muzan's arm then stopped growing before he started coughing blood. He then stopped moving as he was looking up toward the sky.

(Y/n) and I went in for an attack but I ended up getting sent to the ground as something seemed to be vibrating my lungs. (Y/n) seemed to be in a similar boat as she sent into a wall and was violently vibrating. It was a shockwave I believe.

'My lungs are getting crushed and I can't breathe! We can't let him escape! I have to get up!' I thought before trying to stand up, but I ended up just blacking out.

-Sanemi's POV-
I woke up to the sound of battle as two kakushi were healing my wounds. I got up stumbling without hesitation as I rushed out, jumping from the second story building. They offer me to come back but I resisted as I almost tripped on the pile of rubble, but stood my ground as we had to finish him off.

'Is (Y/n) okay?!' I thought looking at the last spot I saw her as I closed in on the area where we were fighting Muzan last. I saw that she wasn't there before noticing that the Kamado kid had pinned Muzan to the wall.

'Good job brat.' I thought in my head as the love pillar arrived next to me. She had literally ripped the guy's arm off after yelling, "Cut it out already!! You moron!!" I didn't think she was capable of insults but this was the demon king we were talking about.

As she took off his left arm I sliced off his right arm. At this point I had blood pouring off my face. I had also managed to slice moves on his face in half before he expanded his face about to devour the kid pinning him to the wall.

Obanai appeared in front of him as teeth grabbed onto his skin. "IT'S THE DAWN!! JUST KEEP HOLDING OUT, EVERYONE!!" I yelled, having everybody hear me before looking to the east as the sun started to rise.