Chapter 30

-3rd Person POV-
Moki was walking around putting things in spots as she thought this would give (Y/n) some time to rest as (Y/n) seemed to pass out cold on the floor as soon as she had the time. ‘Well she can sleep anywhere.’ Moki thought, sweat dropping as she continued to fold the bed sheets.

Moki walked down one of the two hallways as there were multiple sliding doors lining it. She headed into one of the rooms as it was lightly decorated in multiple things in warm colors such as red, orange, and yellows. There were also some access plants along the floor and dresser.

Moki ended up unfolding the red spider lily blankets onto the highly made futon. She folded the blanket back before heading back into the main room where most of the boxes were seeing a peacefully sleeping flame pillar.

-Matsumi’s POV-
‘I’m not used to seeing demon slayers sleep so peacefully…’ I thought before walking over to (Y/n) as she was sleeping over one of the bigger boxes. I then picked her up pretty easily as I had carried many slayers before her, taking them to the swordsmith village.

‘She lighter than I thought she would be.’ I thought as I lifted my foot up sliding the door open as I carried the two-toned hair female bridal style into the room. I soon set (Y/n) into the padded bedding before covering her with the blankets before awaiting her consciousness.

After around an hour later I got bored like I normally do easily as I am not used to sitting still, so I got up and headed to the kitchen getting ready to make some onigiri. I walked around the island counter before putting on a teal apron and grabbing a lovely weaved straw basket.

The basket was filled with rice as I poured some out into the bowl before heading outside to the back of the estate where the pile of brush is for fueling the stove. After grabbing a handful I headed back inside just before midday.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I woke up in a different room than the one I slept in since the room was filled with many shades of red and orange. I sat up noticing the expensive bedding that I was laying in and was worried that I may have ruined it since I wasn’t used to getting expensive stuff as I never really needed too.

I decided that it was time to see what time it was since I fell asleep pretty early since I didn’t sleep the night before which may or may not have affected my regular sleeping schedule.

I folded the cotton fiber kilt before looking around for my katana. I saw that it was near the door and headed toward it grabbing it before settling it in my belt. I opened the door to catch the smell of light smoke as I walked closer to the kitchen I had found earlier.

‘Who’s here? Is it Matsumi-san?’ I thought to myself as I entered the room. Matsumi suddenly turned to me as I entered the room as I was unaware that I stepped on the creaky part of the floor boards.

*Hello (Y/n)-san, how are you today?* Matsumi signed as she continued to hold a smile on her face. I smile in return as I was genuinely happy to be with her. *I’m good, what are you making? It smells good.* I stated bluntly that the comment seemed to embarrass the shorter female.

*T-thank you (Y/n), I’m making onigiri as it was something simple, but filling for you on your way to the butterfly mansion.* She stated as I looked at her confused for a second as to why she said I had to go to the butterfly mansion.

*Why?* I simply signed as she handed me a few of the onigiri she made. Matsumi seemed to look at me confused with her teal eyes as I didn’t know how to describe her since she was still wearing her normal kakushi uniform.

She seemed to understand what I meant after a minute and explained what she meant. *You had gotten a request by one of the hashira to join them on a mission as he seemed to need females for his mission.*