Chapter 53

-Sanemi’s POV-
It has been a few days since (Y/n) has been admitted to the butterfly mansion, and I have visited often and I’m not even sure why I am. The brat and his friends have also been admitted here and to say the least… very annoying…

I continued to walk down the hall passing up all the brats as they moved out of the way for me. “Hello Shinazuga-” The red headed brat tried to say before I interrupted him. “Tch” I grunted before passing the three. “What’s his problem…” I heard the yellow one say, but I just ignored him.

As I approached (Y/n)’s room, I heard some people from inside. It was more of just some shuffling than talking, but there was still a sound that could be heard. “Tengen-sama you can’t do that- huh?” A girl said, as I quickly opened the door. I saw four people in the room in total.

“What are y’all doing in here?!” I asked, looking toward the three women before noticing the sound ninja sitting in a chair a few feet beside the bed. I stared at him for a few minutes before he broke the silence. “Sup.”

“Tch.. What are you doing here? And who are these three.” I stated more than asking a question, more like a demand. “Huh? Oh we are here to visit (Y/n) as we promised to visit her after the mission.” The long blacked haired woman with blue eyes said, shyly as she hid behind another one of the two women.

“Hmm..” I hummed before looking over to the bed where (Y/n) sat, noticing that she was in fact awake. °We have a hashira meeting today.° I signed / said aloud gaining the attention of the other two hashira in the room. “So it is about time for one of those…” Uzui said, getting up from his seat.

He was wearing a maroon kimono as well as an eye patch over his left eye with his signature gem stones on it. My eyes also seemed to land on his left arm as his hand was gone. ‘I assume it was the battle with upper moon six..’ I thought to myself as I told them when we needed to leave.

°We need to leave before sundown as the meeting starts at sunset.° I said as I leaned against the wall behind me. I looked up to (Y/n) to see that she was signing something. *Did Ms. Kocho say it was alright for me to leave?* She asked as there stood a confused Uzui.

(Y/n) started to get out of the medical bed which sent my brain into overdrive. I got off the wall slowly trying to not show that I was really worried, but the other women in the room beat me to it. The two toned haired-girl was behind her in seconds to make sure she didn’t fall. ‘Why am I so worried.. She is a hashira for god's sake. She can take care of herself.’

I then let go of the breath I didn’t know as she sat down at the edge of the bed. I went to turn toward the door and leave, but the short pillar walked into the room. “Ara ara~ I didn’t mean to get in your way Shinazugawa-san.” She said with her usual smile.

She then walks past me like I wasn’t there, yet I didn’t leave the room. I wanted to leave, but I wanted to know why she was there in the first place. ‘Probably to say she can’t go or something.’ Which annoyed me more than I wished it did.

‘Why do I care so much.’ I thought, looking toward the group across the room. “Hinatsuru-san, do you mind if you tell (Y/n)-san that she is allowed to go to the meeting tonight. She might have noticed something y’all, might have not.” She nods before signing to her.

‘She knows sign language as well? Cool I guess…’ I thought smiling lightly to myself before stopping before someone noticed. “Shinazugawa, what are you still doing here? I thought you were about to leave.” The sound ninja asked, poking me as if he and I were ‘friends.’

“Tch. Stop that, that’s annoying. You’re starting to pull a Kocho with that stunt.” I said, getting a sinister smile from the insect pillar herself. ‘I- nevermind..’ I grumbled before walking out the room. I then signed *Later* to (Y/n) as her eyes were following me out the room.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I looked toward the door as I saw Sanemi about to leave. ‘Did I do something wrong? No, it was probably Tengen…’ I thought, slightly glaring at him remembering what he did to my face, but let it go… for now..

As he reached for the door I saw someone open it before him which bewildered most of us in the room. I looked past him to see Shinobu as she said something to him before walking past him, but Sanemi didn’t leave, nor did he close the door. He just stood there waiting for something. ‘Will she tell me when I am able to leave?’ I thought as she walked up to Hinatsuru and the others.

I didn’t know what she was doing as she was facing away from me, but Hinatsuru then signed to me. *Shinobu-san said that you were able to go to the meeting as it might be helpful as you might have noticed something we haven’t.* I nod saying that I understood and continued to get up to search for my uniform.

I looked up to see that Sanemi was actually leaving and was about to stop him, but I didn’t know why I needed to, so I didn’t. I just let him leave and it felt as if a piece of me was dying until he signed something so simple, but it meant so much to me at least, and I don’t know why. *Later*

My face started to burn before I looked away toward the closet where some of the spar clothes were. I went over and opened it to see that there was my uniform in there and so was my nichirin sword. I picked up the newly folded uniform as I haven’t worn this one, since my other pairs were at my estate. I picked them up and looked over to the group that was still in the room. *Can I- umm?* I signed before they all got the hint and left. *Ah! Sorry (Y/n)-san, we’ll leave!* Suma signed as she pushed the others out of the room. ‘She was always so nice.’ I thought as I started to get out of the medical clothing before looking over to see Shinobu.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
She then started to sign to me, yet it wasn’t in full sentences so it was hard to understand at first. *I come- check- wound on side to see if needs bandaged.* I nod as I draped the long sleeved shirt over the stool before looking down at my side. ‘This was the first time I was allowed to see my side.’ I thought as I saw a huge scar along my side, surprising even myself.

Shinobu then came up to me as she was a little under my chin in height. She poked around at it before looking up to me signing, *It looks fine for now. Don’t move much.* As she finished signing that, she left the room leaving me in the room with myself and thoughts.

‘I should hurry up then.’ I thought as I grabbed the shirt uniform, slipping it on easily. I didn’t button it up fully yet as I waited till I could tuck it in. I then put on the uniform pants as they were elastic as to my request since I didn’t like how many times the zipper and button broke when I was fighting demons.

It was because of the unusual ways I killed the demons as I was incredibly flexible like Mitsuri-san. I tucked my shirt in, and started buttoning up the buttons on the front before reaching for the belt. I then went to reach for my haori, but didn’t find it in the closet. I started to panic before thinking that I may have left it at my estate, so I walked out the room toward the others, as there seemed to be a lot of footsteps outside the room.

‘Who is making that much commotion?’ I thought slightly thinking that it could have been Sanemi, but I don’t think so. I opened the door to see Tanjiro and his friends yelling at Uzui and his wives. ‘What is this over?’ I sweat dropped as I looked over to Shinobu and Hinatsuru who seemed to not want to be involved.

*What’s going on?* I asked looking toward them and then the group again. *Well they were originally talking about the mission before Zenitsu brought up the makeup event.* Hinatsuru signed, before looking over at me. I had a tick mark on my face remembering what he did, but instead of just watching the scene, I hit Tengen in the back of the head causing him to turn and look at me.

~~~ ~~~
Sorry for the late chapter, I have no reason for it being late. I have just been lazy if I am just being honest. I have been making laminated book marks though, and added them to my laptop for decor. 😁

I will be posting the other one soon.