60K

-Sanemi’s POV-
Makio looked over worried, stepping forward for a second. “What do you mean they were hurting her? I thought they were supposed to help her.” “They do help her, they just make her ear ring if she has them in too long, that’s probably why she left to make dinner two hours early.” I snickered a little before looking back over to her.

*What’s up with them?* (Y/n) asked us, yet Tomioka bet me to answer her. *In short, they thought you were getting murdered.* Tomioka signed, which she let out an ‘ahh’ before starting to throw stuff at them. “Okay out! Fouds not done yet.” She said aloud mispronouncing ‘food,’ yet we all listened and left toward the table as we all sat down.

‘This is nice.. We should all do this more often…’

~~~ ~~~

-(Y/n)’s POV-
It was the day before Sanemi’s birthday, and to say the least, I was so fucking nervous. ‘Why is this so hard!’ I thought, groaning aloud causing the person next me to look at me with confusion. “What’s wrong?” My spouse asked as he continued to stare at me while slurping up the yakisoba I had made earlier.

“Hmm? Oh nothing, just stressed about planning your birthday tomorrow at my family’s estate.” I said being completely honest, yet hiding the real reason why I was so nervous. ‘I wasn’t completely lying.’ I thought as I ate the food in front of me. “What to do, what to do~” I hummed to myself as I picked up the dishes we made.

“You don’t have to do anything extreme, I’m fine with a normal birthday with no gifts at all.” He practically yelled as I exited the dining room. As I put the dishes in the sink and was about to wash them, Sanemi called for me. “(Y/n)! Nora is here for you!” “Wha- really? I thought she retired at this point.” I said entering the room to see what the deal was.

I went over to her noticing that she had a letter hanging around her neck. Sanemi went to reach for it to hand it to me, but Nora moved her head away showing that it wasn’t for him. “Sorry not for you. CAW!” She responded with her wise old voice. “Ah sorry.” Sanemi said, looking towards me as he scratched his head.

“You’re good.” I said as I reached for the letter, noticing that it was from the girls. 💅 I set it down on the table pointing at Sanemi. “Not for you dork, it's probably about your birthday party we’re all planning.” As I said that, Senjuro’s crow comes flying in through the window as well. I groan for a second before opening it.

~Start of Letter~
Dear Shinazugawa’s,
What kind of food and drinks do you all want at the party? And what kind of dessert do you want me to make? You didn’t let me in on what you got him for his birthday so I thought I could help out by doing this. Respond whenever you can.

Thank you,
Shinjuro & Senjuro
~End of Letter~

I then handed it over to Sanemi as he stared at it confused for a second before looking at it. “You can handle that, imma go and finish these dishes before the girls decide to bombarded me with questions as to why I ain’t answering.” He opened the letter to see what I meant before I left to the kitchen again to start doing them, but I grabbed the letter from the girls on my way toward the kitchen, setting it on the counter.

As I was getting to the bowls, just on cue Tengen’s wives burst through the side door next to the kitchen, scaring the absolute shit out of me and Sanemi as he ran into the kitchen slightly out of breath as he was holding a piece of paper in his hands. “HELLO!” They all say at the same time. I looked at Sanemi with the ‘omfg’ face, as he looked like he was gonna pee himself from how much he was laughing.

“What is he laughing about?” Makio asked as she closed the sliding door before crossing her arms. “I fucking called it too.” I sigh as I finish what I was doing with the dishes before setting them on the rack to dry. “Called what? Anyways let's get going!” Suma said, trying to drag me out the door.