Chapter 63

-(Y/n)'s POV-
It's been a few days since Sanemi had started his training here. During the day as I'm training the other demon slayers he seems to be over at the sparring area swinging the sword, and doing light exercises. I thought it was a good idea but as the days go on I'm getting more and more tired as I haven't been getting much sleep.

As it was my lunch break I decided to take a nap, as it was much needed. Other hashiras come and I've decided that I could train them as well before five as that was the time I have decided to personally challenge him. Most of the demon flavors that were training with me before had left as they found it too difficult to defeat me even though they were in squads of ten.

The time hit five again as Sanemi walked over ready to start this training again. This time you seem different as he was more collected which is different than usual as he is usually more… how should I say this angry? With that he put his blindfold on signaling that he was finally ready.

I then started my way toward him swinging my trailing sword up toward the sky before it got deflected by the man in front of me. 'Hmm not bad. If he can last like this for another hour or so he will pass.' I thought to myself before blocking an attack from the side.

He seemed to start using wind breathing techniques as it caused the spinning logs to travel at very treacherous speeds. 'I don't think he noticed that part.' I thought to myself again before dodging more attacks. He seemed to know more of his surroundings as he is starting to dodge rocks, logs, and remember the tracks of the swinging logs.

Sanemi seemed to have improved a lot which gave me some hope that the others could as well. The only hashira that hasn't been able to see me yet was Gyomei and Tomioka. They seem to be keeping an eye on the slayers that they have been training with.

I haven't seemed to be focusing since Sanemi almost landed a blow toward my neck. If it were to be a real sword and if I were to be a real demon he would have killed me dead. Sanemi seemed to smirk as he noticed my arms were above my head, with which he retracted his sword so that he could make another attack towards me.

As I started moving around the log Sanemi's attacks started to get faster. I didn't seem to notice that there was another person at all as they didn't even seem to make any noise, so I just kept dodging. Sanemi then forgot to take  into account of the swinging logs and got hit upside the head.

But instead of getting knocked down he continued to stand, he was a true swordsman. Taking hit after hit, he will continue to stand if he has to die standing. 'I am truly amazed at how amazing you are, Sanemi-san. Even if you do stuff without thinking.' I didn't seem to notice I was giggling until Sanemi signed, *What are you giggling for?*

I didn't respond as it would be useless because of the fact that he was blindfolded, see you and if I did respond he wouldn't have seen what I said. I looked to the side as I noticed that another log was already relocating to where we were. I easily dodged it and Sanemi seemed to dodge it as well. 'He just needs to get in one hit.'

-Sanemi's POV-
'Just one hit.' I thought, swinging my sword left and right. I stopped using my breathing techniques after I noticed that the more I used them the more violently that the spinning logs spun which made them hit harder. I heard the sound of the bell causing me to use a breathing technique without thinking. "Sixth Form :Black Wind Mountain Mist." I said to myself also feeling like she was in front of me.

I rotated my body upward in an uppercut like movement creating an arching slash, I ended up hitting something but decided to ignore it, so as I was in the air I backflipped so that I could land smoothly. I heard shuffling on the ground so I took advantage of that and leapt forward continuing my attack. She continued to block before I stepped on her foot causing her to hit the ground.

'Got ya.' I thought, smirked before stabbing my training sword into the ground next to her. I waited a second before noticing she was still under me. I then took off my blindfold and saw that I also have my other foot on her wrist restraining her from moving. I looked down to see her leg and saw it wasn't guard and that she could have kicked me any moment, but she didn't.

I took that as the opportunity to hopefully stab her stomach before backing away as she instantly kicked me. *Did I pass?* I signed, smirking again. She leaned forward before getting off the ground. She then dusted herself off before getting ready to sign. *Yes you passed, in fact you didn't even need to pin me to the ground as you had already hit me in the fucking side with your lasted wind breathing attack.*

'Shit, so I did hit her. She seems pretty angry…' I thought, slightly sweat dropping before looking nervously to the side. She then stepped in front of where I was looking and continued to insult me with her words. *You then proceed to step on my foot causing me to trip and fall on my ass before catching your balance landing on my wrist which keep in mind fucking hurts.*

As she was signing all of this she was giving me a deathly smile, this was until another person came up to us. "Hello…" I then looked over to see that it was the gloomy water pillar Tomioka. 'Just great..' I thought sarcastically, rolling my eyes in my head, before thinking of another thought. 'How long has he been there?'

"Tch." 'Not like I care..' I thought, letting out a slight scoff for noticing that the two were "talking". *Why are you here today, Tomioka-san?* (Y/n) signed completely forgetting about me. It caused me to feel a little pain in my chest but I ignored it as it wasn't a harsh pain.

'What is this feeling…' I thought before glaring over to the other pillar. 'He is always so full of himself.' I thought, noticing what he signed to (Y/n). *I was waiting for you to finish your training with Shinazugawa before deciding to try it out. I don't think I'll be able to do it though.*