Chapter 68

-Tanjiro's POV-
We just stood there not moving as we had "friendly" conversations about our beliefs. It could have been in the mink of battle if I didn't stop (Y/n) from attacking, yet I wanted to have more of an advantage with Giyuu coming back. "Yes. I'm repulsed by weaklings. They make me vomit. The laws of nature dictate that they will be eliminated." As I continued to hold my blade up toward the pink headed demon, I continued to state my opinion.

"Everything you said is wrong. And the fact that you're standing here right now is proof. Newborn babies are weaker than everyone else. They need someone to help them in order to live. You're the same, Akaza. You may not remember. But you were a baby, someone protected and helped you. That's why you're alive now."

The more I said the more I made the upper moon mad, he continued to let me speak. "The strong should aid and protect the weak. Then the week will become strong, and in turn they will aid and protect those weaker than them. That is the law of nature." Akaza then started to ball up his fist as I said my last remark. "Akaza! Your way of thinking is unforgivable. I won't let you do as you like any further!"

-Akaza's POV-
I stood there on the other side of the broken wall looking into the room where the two demon slayers stood. 'That female must be a hashira. I must be careful. But that kid.. he gives me an unpleasant feeling that gets on my nerves, as if nails were scratching metal.'

'The dissonance makes me want to throw up. I'm misunderstanding something. In the beginning, I thought I was unhappy because he was weak. But it seems like this unhappiness isn't going away, despite him getting stronger.' I thought before looking my gaze over to the female. 'Now how am I going to get rid of her.. I don't want to kill her nor do I want to injure her..'

Suddenly the words of the brats started to play in my head before something touched my shoulder. Of instinct I hit whoever it was, but they had just disappeared. This confused me as I continued bringing my attention back to the boy. "Tanjiro.. You really are unpleasant." Without another second thought, I lunged after them using my destructive kill crush style.

I shattered the floor as I made both of them move back away from each other. The female hashira didn't seem like she was in a panic, but was more surprised than anything. But the brat seemed kind of panicked, so I stared him down, and appeared in front of his face. Kicking him up into the air made him cough before he dodged my punch.

The blows went back and forth before the female hushra came sliced a little bit of my neck, surprising me. 'How come I couldn't sense her. My compass needle should be able to.' I thought before kicking the boy in front of the pillar forcing her through a couple walls. 'She should be gone for a little bit..' I thought before the brats blade came close to my face.

I suddenly got hazy as it just disappeared for a second. Before I knew it he also slashed a little bit to my neck, but it was smaller than what the hashira had made. "Hahaha! That's a fun technique. It looks like the blade reached me after I completely dodged it. How do you swing your blade? The tip was wavering like it was trapped in a haze. That part intrigues me."

Continuing blow after blow he used his breathing technique to counter my own strikes. He started to swing his sword down as I thought it would be a good opportunity to catch it, so I did. I was going to break it before he headbuttes me, yet I was still able to hold on to the blade. "Nice headbutt!" I complimented before he kicked me in the jaw, but that wasn't what made me release his sword.

Someone else came and cut my arms releasing the younger slayer's sword. I looked over to see that the male hashira was back. "Giyuu-san!!" Tanjiro said, seeming relieved as the water pillar started talking. "I'm angry now. There's a searing pain in my back. Great job blasting me all the way back there, upper moon three." He said sarcastically, getting me to grunt slightly annoyed.

-(Y/n)'s POV-
I was blasted through multiple walls as I almost went unconscious. It hurt so much to get up but I had to. I had to help him. I had to help them. I slightly stood up before feeling another set of vibrations. It feels like another set of  blades clashing. 'Wait blades?' I questioned as I went in that direction completely forgetting about where I was just at. 'I believe you can do it, Tanjiro. Get revenge for me.. I wouldn't be much help anywhere as the upper moon wouldn't even try and fight me.'

I thought as I continued it in the direction I was heading. There were multiple attempts when doors and walls tried pulling me into different rooms. 'What the hell it's like the maze is moving on its own?!' I thought, tripping into one of the other sliding doors. 'This is so goddamn annoying!'

I stopped moving for a second as I calmed myself down. 'No need to be brash. I don't work well when I'm not focused.' I thought, continuing to keep the same pace. Slaying many demons that came across me but none were what the vibrations from earlier. Suddenly a crow flew above my head.

I stared confused as I stopped in my path, it looked at me before dropping a slip of paper. 'Huh?' I thought, walking over to catch the piece of paper. 'This must be for me.' I thought before opening the slip quickly, looking down. •Tanjiro, (Y/n), and Giyuu crushed Upper Moon Three! They have lost consciousness due to fatigue! Knocked out!!•

I almost started crying again out of happiness as my brother can now rest easy. As you can now finally pass on without the worry of me trying to find revenge. 'Oh thank god they're okay..' I smile letting a single tear drop before getting back onto my personal mission.

More vibrations and movements were along the floor as I moved closer to the commotion. I didn't enter the room and I noticed it's full of beams and fences. 'What the hell is this place?' I thought, as I unsheathed my sword as I had an eerie feeling. I turned over to see that Tokito and Genya were also in this room.

It took me a second to notice that they were both hurt, and out of instinct I came out of nowhere and deflected the attack of crescent moons. 'Breath Of Flame: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation.' I thought, before noticing I was guarding Genya, but not before noticing to the right of me was the all famous Sanemi Shinazugawa, and he didn't look very happy.

Both of Sanemi's and I's breathing forms collided together as it made one big gust of fire. 'It looks like a fire current.' I thought to myself as I kept on guard. It made the demon back up before I noticed it was upper moon one. I slightly twisted my ankle from when I got pushed into the walls yet ignored that it continued to stand behind Sanemi and he was more of the offensive attacker.

‘This is going to be a hard battle.’