Chapter 23: Erg, Cravings

-Home-

Upon entering the home, they saw the solemn faces of Yelan, Xenon and Shoaling.

"What happened?" Syaoran asked as Sakura and him entered.

"We just got a phone call from Nadesiko." Yelan whispered.

Sakura and Syaoran stood there for the news.

"Fujitaka died a few hours ago."

Sakura felt her heart stop beating. Her blood ran cold. Her foot couldn't support her weight any longer. Sakura fainted.

Syaoran grabbed her just in time before she hit the ground. "CALL THE DOCTOR!" Syaoran roared as everybody scrambled about.

Shoaling and Wei called Dr. Jenny as Yelan and Xenon called Mei Lin, Ryu, Tomoyo and Eriol home.

-. -. Hours Later -. -.

Sakura finally woke up to her bedroom. She looked around to see Syaoran leaned up against the bed, sleeping. Shoaling on a chair sleeping. Mei Lin and Tomoyo huddled together in front of Sakura's closet asleep only remaining Eriol and Ryu, who weren't sleeping.

"Guys?" Sakura croaked.

Eriol and Ryu scrambled towards her. Eriol placed a hand on her head, feeling for a fever. A spread of relief showed on his face.

"You're awake." Ryu said as a whole load of pressure just lifted of his chest.

"We thought that…" Eriol trailed off. Ryu walked over to Syaoran and kicked him in the stomach.

"ARGH!" Syaoran roared, causing Shoaling, Mei Lin and Tomoyo to wake up.

"Sakura's up." Ryu said as everybody scrambled to see her.

"Sakura." Syaoran said with relief as he too placed a hand on her forehead feeling for a fever.

"Baby, are you okay?" Tomoyo cried as she hugged Sakura. Mei Lin too managed to hug Sakura and squeeze some tears out.

Sakura smiled sadly. "I'm fine… but Otou-san…"

Sakura then… right then burst into tears. She cried on the sheets. Ryu, Shoaling, Eriol, Tomoyo and Mei Lin thought it would be best to leave husband and wife alone for a while. They left as Syaoran crawled into bed, embracing Sakura.

"Sakura?" he whispered. Sakura latched onto his neck, crying her heart out.

"Syaoran! He died!" She cried as Syaoran stroked her back.

Syaoran kissed her temple. "Shh… Everything's going to be alright."

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?" Sakura shrieked. "MY FATHER JUST DIED!"

Syaoran started caressing her cheek. "Shh… I promise everything will be okay."

"Can… can I visit him?" Sakura sniffled.

"Dr. Jenny said no travels." Syaoran whispered. Again Sakura burst into another batch of tears. "So… I can't visit him?"

Syaoran stroked her hair. "I promise, when the baby is born, we'll visit his grave."