Chapter 39: Twilight Wish Comes True

The fingers of Li Xiao Lang have moved…

.- Next Day -.

It was December 21st today and Sakura decided to go visit Syaoran a lone. Taihen and Taiyou would be staying with Tomoyo and Eriol as the other girls were doing last minute shopping.

"Bye babies." She kissed her children. "Mommy will be home soon. And on Christmas, we can visit daddy ok?" Sakura smiled.

"Dada!" Yang bubbled.

"Kimas!" Ying laughed as she tried to say Christmas.

"Bye." Sakura bade farewell to Tomoyo and Eriol before leaving for the hospital. She got into the limo and the driver took off.

.- Hospital -.

Sakura rounded into the hospital and walked up to Syaoran's room. Tears instantly stung her eyes as she saw him in the veggie state, knowing that he won't be awake for the twins' first Christmas.

She pulled up a chair beside his bed and held his hand in hers.

"Syaoran," She whispered softly. She saw his eyes lids flutter and her heart once again jumped into her throat.

"Baby," She murmured.

.- Syaoran's head -.

"A door?" He gasped as he saw a white door appearing a few yards away from him.

Syaoran got up and started running towards the door. But every time he took a step towards the door, the door seemed to move backwards.

"Stupid door!" He growled as he started running after it some more.

.- Sakura -.

"You want to be with us for the twins' first Christmas right? They're taking baby steps. They can stand up but walking is getting there. I want,"

Sakura swore she felt his hands tighten on hers. Her eyes widened as she continued to speak.

"I want you to be here when they walk," Her voice quivered.

"I want you to be here when they start growing up…"

Sakura let tears fall from her eyes.

"I want you to be here when say,"

.- Syaoran's head -.

Syaoran lunged for the door and opened it. He jumped in as white light flashed around him. He felt himself being lifted and he felt himself coming back to reality.

.- Sakura -.

"I love you,"

"Do you?" Came a faint whisper. Sakura's eyes widened as she saw Syaoran's eyes barely open.

"Oh my god! Xiao Lang!" She cried as she hugged him, her tears wetting the sheets. She got up quickly buzzed for the nurse before facing Syaoran again.

"Oh god, you're… are you… am I dreaming? You're really awake?" She cried as the tears grew heavier.

"Seems like it." He said hoarsely from the lack of water. Sakura quickly took out her water bottle and helped Syaoran drink it. After graciously drying out the entire water bottle Sakura hugged him again.