Chapter 37: Trying To Bring Him Back

"I love you! Please get up soon."

"I love you too… my Sakura." Syaoran whispered as he leaned up against a wall. He was currently seeing himself in his own house, in his own bedroom. Except the walls were slashed with blood.

"I love you too."

.- Five days later -.

The five days went by bitterly for the entire Li household. It was late 11:49 pm and everybody was sound asleep… everybody except Sakura and Yang.

Ying was sleeping in her crib but Sakura was walking around with Yang in her arms, patting his back, trying everything to get him to fall asleep.

'Shit, I might have to take Yang to Shoaling again.' Sakura thought as her clock beeped midnight.

Sakura opened her bedroom door with a whimpering Yang in her arms. She walked to Shoaling's bedroom and quietly knocked. After a few minutes Shoaling opened the door, his eyes barely open from sleep.

"Yea sis?" He slurred.

"Yang… please?" Sakura begged.

Shoaling nodded as he straightened, his sleep evaporating at the sound of his nephew whimpering. Shoaling took Yang in his arms, cleared his throat and made it a tad bit deeper. Syaoran's voice was a little deeper than Shoaling's but if the brothers wanted, they could and would be able to imitate each other.

Shoaling patted Yang's back as he walked around his room. Sakura leaned up against his doorframe, trying to watch her brother-in-law working with her son.

"Son, it's me…" Shoaling said in a perfect imitation of Syaoran. Sakura smiled, imaging that it really was Syaoran. She shook her head, fighting the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

A few minutes later Shoaling walked back to Sakura with a sleeping Taihen in his arms. He smiled as he handed him to her.

"If he wakes up… just bring him over alright sis?" He said as he kissed Taihen's forehead.

Sakura smiled. "Thanks Xiao Chen." He said to her bro-in-law.

"No big sis." He said before shutting his door. Sakura walked back to her bedroom. Eriol and Ryu had moved the cribs to the master bedroom where Sakura sleeps. In case something were to happen, and the twins woke up early morning, Sakura could access them easily.

Sakura placed Yang in his crib, tucked him in and fell into her bed. She groped the pillow beside her and sighed. 'Syaoran,' she thought before falling asleep.

*****

Seconds turned to Minutes. Minutes turned to Hours. Hours turned to Days. Days turned to Weeks but Syaoran will wasn't awake yet.

Sakura was sitting with Syaoran in a twelve star hospital room. After major surgeries they transferred Syaoran to a private room on a private floor.

Taro and Kim had the twins while Sakura had some alone time with her husband.

She held his hand as she held back her tears.

"Syaoran, your 22nd birthday is in two days. Aren't you going to wake up?" She whispered.

No answer. Sakura saw the rise and fall of his chest and his pupils move behind his eyelids, but no response.