"How could this be Richard?" Jessica searched his face with her fierce green eyes. "How did they find me?"

Richard was sitting on the driver seat. He kept staring straight ahead, while maneuvering the Maserati with one hand on the twelve o'clock position on the steering wheel. The engine created a low-pitched humming sound inside of the passenger compartment.

Jessica looked past Richard and watched a vehicle zipping by. Two children stared out of the rear seat windows. One of them waved at her, but she pretended not to notice. Richard glanced at them, and then took a quick look in the rearview mirror. His eyes were scanning the road carefully. He leaned to the left, and opened the glove compartment box. Jessica pressed her knees against the passenger door, and waited expectantly to find out what was he going after.

He grabbed a folded newspaper.

"I have a feeling that whoever was after you, had

something to do with what happened last night at the west end

of the city."

She looked at him with a puzzled expression on her face. He handed her the newspaper while letting go of the gas pedal. Then, he checked the traffic through the left side mirror and changed lanes.

Jessica unfolded the newspaper and read the headlines:

VEHICLE HOMICIDE KILLS TWO GOVERNMENT AGENTS

She lowered her gaze to a photograph on the center column. There were four federal Agents standing near a glistening black C300 Mercedes—Benz. She squinted her eyes, and brought the paper closer to her face. She noticed that one of the Agents held some kind of evidence bag. She had seen the news about the accident on a news channel yesterday and now the photograph aroused in her an interest that she previously had no desire to know about.

She read the beginning of the article.

London, England— The driver and a roving Analyst from the National Crime Agency were killed in a deadly car accident that involved a mysterious man who witnesses were saying he fled the scene unharmed while carrying a suitcase...

Jessica finished reading the article, and looked at Richard. He was waiting for another vehicle to drive past them on the opposite side of traffic before turning left onto Victoria

Street. She saw the Westminster Cathedral towering over the other buildings. The morning sun was glistering off the windows.

"Why is the name 'Danielle Watson' circled? Who is she?"

Richard's gaze met hers; she noticed that he had a somber look on his face.

There was a pause between them before he replied. "Danielle Watson was my Mother."