35

Richard looked back inside of the box and saw a white envelope. He grabbed it and furrowed his eyebrows.

What do we have here?

He opened the unsealed envelope and saw that it contained several photographs. He set the envelope down, but held the photographs in his hands. These photographs were showing boot prints on sand terrain all in different angles. The last photo was a close-up of a single boot print. He studied it and assumed it was someone's right foot. There was a ruler next to the boot print on the sand. The ruler was placed there to measure the boot size. Twelve inches in the United Kingdom measurements. Equivalent to 11 1⁄2 in the United States.

The next sets of photographs were of a black suede ankle boots for men. There was a top, left side, right side, and bottom. The boot size sealed to the inside sole of the boot revealed it was also size twelve. Richard goes back to the previous photos and looked again at the close-up of a single

boot print.

"What was my mother up to?"

"First there was the key fob of a Park that is marked with people wanting to start riots."

Richard looked up at Jessica.

"Could this be the boot print of a suspect to one of her cases? Or the victims boot print?"

The next item in the box was a zip lock bag stapled to a single sheet of paper. Richard lifted the zip lock bag and read the paper. It was a result analysis from the lab department.

Apparently my mother found sand underneath the boots, took a few samples to the lab and the results came back positive. The boot print, the boot size, and the sand found underneath the boots was a match.

But who was this person?

The last item in the box was quite unsettling for Richard. He knew exactly what this item was used for and who the only possible owner were.

They were staring at a Pocket-Sized Automatic Crypto Equipment used by the British Navy.