17

Jessica read the note one more time before Richard folded the piece of paper:

Trafalgar Square 10:50 a.m.

"I will go answer the door." He said and started moving towards the front of the Apartment. He pointed towards the corridor as he walked. "Go over there and stay out of sight. Please."

She nodded while feeling a little weary of having to re- live on high caution mode again.

He reached for the knob and glanced over his left shoulder before opening the door. Jessica was already out of sight. He reached for the 9mm semi-automatic on his lower back and felt the hand grip of the gun. He returned his attention to out in the hall and found a room service woman standing in the hallway. She was clad in a black and white dress.

"Here is the 'Do not disturb sign' you requested Sir. Sorry for the inconvenience." She handed him the sign. "I apologize it took us so long to find it."

Richard looked up and down the hall and grabbed the sign from her hand.

"Thank you very much. I had forgotten about this already." He nodded, grabbed the sign from her hand and hooked it to the door knob. "This sign is going to help me concentrate on my work now."

My work is to find out who killed my Mother and what their motives were.

"Have a nice day sir." She turned to walk away.

"Thank you, you do the same." He closed the door and turned towards the hall where Jessica was hiding. She came out from cover and asked.

"How long do we have until its 10:50?"

Richard glanced at his Rolex chrome watch.

"If this note is for today, then we have approximately

twenty minutes." He looked back at her. "But if this is an old note, from another time..." he paused. "...then I assume we are very late."

"Do I have time to change?" She looked down at her running attire. "I don't want to go out looking like this. I want to go out looking causal at least."

Richard studied her, and then he nodded. "Ok, fine. But make it quick."