The photograph that the Lieutenant general slid across the table was of Patricia Drumond. The Prime Minister studied the photograph closely.

"She is the Director of Winterfield." He said thoughtfully. "She discovered where Cardelini was."

"She is the former Director of Winterfield." The Lieutenant general corrected him. "She was found lying dead on the floor with a bullet entry wound in the side of her head. This discovery happened last year in Washington D.C."

"Why are you bringing her situation up to me now?"

I am bringing this up because you could be placed in the same predicament. The Lieutenant general thought and slid another photograph across the table.

The Prime Minister felt ice creep across his neck and slide down his spine.

"This is one of the Winterfield's Assets that we sent to the United States last year. His assignment was to assassinate the descendant to the British Royal throne." He threw another photograph on top of the table. "But we are finding him protecting her instead."

The Prime Minister studied the photographs silently.

"We followed him for one year across Europe. We checked the history of his passport and its showing that he has been in three different countries this year so far. This is him six months ago in Italy. He was staying in the city where Jessica Cardelini lived during her childhood." He threw another photograph on top of the table. "This was taken two months ago—he was in Prague—at the place known as 'hundred spires' in Czech Republic. Every Asset we sent to kill him was eliminated." TheLieutenant general tapped his index finger on top of the photographs that were scattered on top of the table and shrugged. "We don't know what he is after."

He is after me!

...After the conclusion to Operation White Diamond!!
The Lieutenant general continued. "This photograph

was taken at the London International Airport a few weeks ago. The investigation is still in progress. We have Agents checking the Airport surveillance cameras searching for Ms. Cardelini. I believe that if we get him, we also get to Ms. Cardelini."

The Lieutenant general paused again. This time it was the Prime Minister's turn to speak. "I don't understand his actions. We spent money, time, years training him, and now he decided to use all that he learned against us!"

"According to the Winterfield psychiatrist, he has motives."

The Prime Minister looked at him, and he continued.

"We placed one of Winterfield's psychiatrists to evaluate his actions. They believe that he is protecting her because he fell in love with her. He fell in love with her story. Her past. Meanwhile we went after his parents. His father said in a statement last month that his actions were despicable and deplorable, and don't reflect how the family raised him. He denied any affiliation with his son's actions."

"Except for the contribution that his father gave him a sum of one hundred thousand euros in the beginning of the year."

"Did you investigate what he did with the money?"

"He bought a convertible Maserati."

Spoiled child!

"Do you have any idea on how many Maserati we have in London?"

The Lieutenant general shrugged.

"There are exactly twelve that are matching the model

and color. Why is it so difficult to locate his Maserati and put a tracking device on it? I mean, even without a tracking device, just by looking around you will be able to spot this exotic car in a traffic jam like a pulsing red sore thumb!"

"Sir, we have tried that. But the guy is skilled in ways inconceivable when it comes to driving. You want to try and compare our lame line of police units to go against a Maserati at the Roman Road? This is not Hollywood that uses Lamborghinis as police cars in their movies."

"What is the Asset's name?"

"Richard Maxwell."

Richard Maxwell...

"He seems to be an ornament to his profession."

"He is the Agency's best Operative. Compared to other Assets, Maxwell has the highest IQ on file."

Both men fell silent in the room. Then the Prime Minister spoke.

Since he is going against us...

"Do you believe he have the ability to destroy Winterfield?"

The Lieutenant general shook his head. No.

"First of all, the exact location of Winterfield's headquarters is unknown and secondly, he doesn't have the Country by his side—"

"What if we are mistaken?" The Prime Minister challenged.

The Lieutenant general noticed that his voice was anxious and filled with fear. He raised his eyebrows.

"You don't have anything to be afraid of."

The Prime Minister asked him while looking down at the table. "Do you play chess?"

"Excuse-me?" He raised his eyebrows.

"What I'm trying to say is what if he was the last pawn on a chess game and you successfully took him away with a rook. What would be your next move?"

"I'd use my King and my rook and go for checkmate." The Prime Minister shook his head in disagreement.

"That is where we are all mistaken. We are not looking at the big picture."

"What do you mean?" The Lieutenant general looked at

him with a puzzled look on his face. "Why aren't we?"

"We'd still have his Queen to deal with." He answered with emphasis on the word his.

We are messing with his...