62

One of the protester loitering the streets of London, used a large slingshot to hurl a Molotov cocktail at a group of London police officers. The officers were wearing a full riot gear: Helmets, shields, batons.

A few other protesters, wearing gas masks threw rocks at the police officers. The officers that stood at the front of the line, raised their shield to defend. They received their authorization from the Captain to fire back, and began aiming their weapons at the protesters.

A smell of gun powder filled the air.

As Jessica, Richard, and Agent Reynolds walked side by side towards the large B.M.W. idling at the curb, an armored tank from the British Army started passing on A302 Broad Sanctuary.

"What the hell is going on?" Jessica asked Agent Reynolds while following the tank through the gaps in the trees.

"Things got out of control. I tried warning you guys."

The driver of the Army tank stopped at the Secret Service barricade and a second Army soldier opened the cupola door. He pointed to the location where they had to be at and yelled to the Secret Service Agent at the Barricade. The Barricade consisted of two black S.U.Vs Range Rover facing each other with its blue flashing lights mounted on the grill turned on.

"Our strategically location to secure the Parliament building is set at that location by the Winterfield General."

The Secret Service Agent raised one of his hands in gesture for him to stop.

"I am not allowed to let you go through. Our last order was that we are the ones in charge of making sure the Prime Minister is safe."

"This is your last warning!"

"What exactly are you going to do?"

"Don't you see me on top of a tank?"

For some odd reason the Secret Service Agent felt like

the Tank Man.

The tank man became known after a man who stood in

front of a column of tanks in 1989 the morning after Chinese

Military had suppressed the Tiananmen Square Protest by force.

Without speaking, the Soldier closed the hatch cupola door of the tank and walked to the optical periscope. Then, he pressed a button on his two way communication and informed the driver about the situation outside. The Driver of the tank turned off the engine.

The Secret Service Agent felt a cold sweat forming on his forehead, and he let out a loud sigh in alleviation. He had an earphone, with a coil wire running behind his right ear to the receiver clipped to his belt. He raised his wrist to his mouth and spoke on his wrist microphone.

"This is the Agent at Section four, to Agent at Section three."

"Agent at Sector three go ahead."

"We have a situation at Section four, we need to notify our chief immediately."

"Protesters?"

The Agent eyed the gigantic tank looming in front of him. He gazed the aluminum bore of the main gun and the fume extractor. The silence, and the darkness in the street only made things feel even more eerie.

"Negative. There is..."

Just as he started speaking, the driver of the tank turned the engine on and began to move forward. The voice of the Agent was muffled against the loud sound of the engine from the tank.

The Secret Service Agent moved out of the way with a dive and roll, and watched the tank going over the two S.U.Vs forming the barricade. He heard the sounds of metal twisting, glass exploding, and tires popping.