25

The Detective from the Scotland Yard Criminal Investigation Department Elizabeth Johnson eased on the gas pedal as she started approaching the intersection of Savoy Street with A3211 Victoria Embankment. She followed the bend of the street with both hands on the steering wheel and came to a complete stop at the intersection. Metropolitan Police officers had cordoned off the Victoria Embankment for the Prime Minister's convoy to transport the Prime Minister to the Safe House. She glanced around looking for an alternative route.

The Safe House is one block away...

I must inform the Prime Minister what I have discovered...

She glanced on the rearview mirror and saw the reflection of the Institution of Electrical Engineers building where her father had graduated in 1995. Lifting her eyes, she saw through the sunroof, the roof line of the Institution building and a Sniper Operative at the edge.

If the Sniper Operative is in position, it means the Prime Minister is near...

The Prime Minister glanced at his wrist watch, and then tapped Agent Fox's shoulder.

"Yes sir?" Agent Fox turned to him.

"I would like to know who invited the Scotland Yard Detective into the Parliament without my consent."

"Sir, it was my idea Sir." Agent Fox pushed his sunglasses up his nose. "The Scotland Yard is well known for its investigative methods. Primarily for its fingerprinting techniques which has been borrowed by the United States F.B.I. task force. Also, the staff of Scotland Yard is responsible for the protection of important individuals throughout British History."

The Prime Minister cut him off. "The Scotland Yard have one of the worst reputation for solving crimes throughout British History."

"I apologize Sir!"

"Look what Scotland Yard have done throughout History? The Jack Reaper case in the eighteenth hundred was a failure, so was Bloody Sunday in 1887, or Blondie Belgium. Recently, they didn't do anything to help solve the 2005 London Bombing, and now you expect them to solve Operation White Diamond?"

"Mr. Prime Minister, we do have to take the C.I.D. Detective in consideration. The Agent that the Dispatch from Scotland Yard sent to the Parliament is their best Agent." Agent Fox remembered how smart she was..."Wouldn't be safer to transport the Prime Minister from the Underground instead of the front entrance?"

"Yes..." The C.I.D. Detective started walking towards the window and pointed at the building across the street. "...but from what I've studied and learned while I was walking inside of the Parliament was that the window of opportunity for a sniper to take a shot was greater from that angle." She turned towards Agent Fox. "He would stay at point blank directly in front of the exit to the underground garage." Agent Fox came back to the present moment.

"Once again Mr. Prime Minister, I am sorry for the inconvenience for not having informed you of our course of action, but we were concerned for your well-being. This is your life that is at risk."

The Prime Minister leaned back in his seat and looked out the window. He kept staring at the giant Ferris Wheel on the South bank of the River Thames. The iconic London Eye

is currently Europe's tallest Ferris wheel, and offers the highest public viewing point in London. Observing the height of the London Eye, it reminded him of what he has heard once before.

The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions.

An enormous Metropolitan Police officer held up his hand in an arrogance to stop Liz from passing through the barricade. She lowered the driver side window, and waved her C.I.D. credentials to him. The wind whipped a strand of long blonde hair across her face, and she snagged it back to behind her ear.