60

"This Richard Maxwell Winterfield Asset..." The Deputy Prime Minister started speaking but the Lieutenant General of Winterfield interrupted him.

"He is good as dead."

"Please, let me talk until I am finished. Every time I come up with a thought, you either add the wrong words to my phrase or you say something completely unnecessary."

"Go on! Then, Deputy Prime Minister. Speak." The Lieutenant General put his hands down on the table and leaned a few inches towards its center. He spoke with emphasis on the word Deputy.

"We could use Richard Maxwell to re-stablish a Navy World Power. The last time we were considered a super power was in the early eighteen hundreds. Then the United States came in the picture and..." His voice trailed off in disappointment.

The Lieutenant General sat and leaned back with his hands laced behind his neck, looked up at the ceiling and exhaled.

"We can't blame the United States. Britain's shrinking military will never be again among the Global superpowers. But we will have enough capability to assist in Operations revolving around the United States. In a further blow to defense, the British arms giant B.A.E. System is expected to announce around three thousand jobs cuts this next week, our Main sites it is Military aircraft division in Warton and Samlesbury in Lancashire."

"The reason why I say we could possibly use Richard, is because after his speech, thousands of people begin to march through Central London, encircling the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace in a human wave of white-clad demonstrators. You could see the Union Jack flag printed in the front of their shirts. There were three words printed in black on the back of the shirt: 'Britain United Forever!' Supposedly these three words came from the Treaty of Union. The name given to the agreement that lead to the creation of Great Britain, which took effect on May 1st of 1707."

Someone opened the door without knocking and the Deputy Prime Minister looked over the Lieutenant General's head at the person standing under the door frame.

It was Lucia Dvorska, The Prime Minister's wife.

"Where is my Daughter?"

Good evening to you too! The Lieutenant General turned his body in the chair, and faced her.

"One of my security detail team is going to pick her up at the coast of England. They should be back in two hours."

"Thank you." Lucia brought her hands to her face and started weeping, as thoughts conjured in her head and she remembered the last time the Prime Minister was alive by her side.