63

Two tall black guys were sitting at the curb of Highgate Road.

One was wearing a Classic Sport Jacket with a Turtleneck. The other was wearing a button down shirt, bow tie and a vest. One of them raised the envelope that Jessica gave them earlier.

"Why should we wait to open this envelope after midnight?" The first guy spoke in a heavy Nigerian accent. "She just made me feel like tonight is Christmas Eve! Actually, not even when it was Christmas Eve during my childhood, I had to wait until midnight to open gifts!"

He prepared to open Jessica's envelope, but his friend held his wrist with a strong grip.

"We have to keep a promise, blessings don't come if we break them!"

There was a loud explosion as the rear windows of a store shattered and glass blasted out to the alley. Both men got on their feet staggering and their fearful eyes scanned the roof

tops and windows of the store. As one of the black men stepped away from the smoke, he caught another person standing at the other end of the alley.

The reporter Alline Oliveira stood in the front façade of the strip shopping center. They immediately heard siren in the distance, it was possibly fire fighters arriving to contain the blaze.

But something else caught his attention.

From across the alley, he caught a nonconformist smacking a piece of wood at the back of the camera man, and advanced towards the reporter.

The reporter started screaming for help.

"Come on!" The men wearing the Classic Sport Jacket tapped his friend's arm.

They bolted towards the woman. The Alley's one hundred yards reminded of when he was in the track and field at his University in Nigeria. When they arrived, the protester wearing a mask had the reporter on a chokehold, she was struggling to breathe.

"Let her go!"

The protester turned towards him and pointed a sharp knife in their direction. He then started laughing hysterically.

"I am not going to ask you again!" The guy yelled in a thick Nigerian accent.

"What are you going to do?" The masked protester pressed the tip of the knife at the reporter's left cheeks and she closed her eyes in horror. "Oh! I know what you are going to do, you are going to learn how to speak English properly!"

The Nigerian pulled out a revolver from his Classic Sport Jacket and aimed at the porcelain forehead of the mask the protester was using.

"Would you rather like to know if I learned how to press the trigger?"