18

The Winterfield asset clicked on the 'x' button to close the window on the top right corner of the screen and the folder titled in—depth subject faded away. In its place, a directory folder appeared.

10 Downing Street

Edinburgh

International Airport

Georgetown University

The Connections

Silver
Untitled

Untitled? He wondered to himself what kind of information would be stored in that file. Typing the word Untitled on the search bar, he hit enter and a document filled the screen. The document had a lion Issuant inside of a shield centered on top of the page. He immediately recognized that it was the seal that represented Interpol.

This document must be new; whoever created this file must have been in a rush...they simply saved the document without giving a title.

What do we have here?

He scrolled down, and a photograph of a woman appeared on the right. The shot was taken up—close, he only saw her head, shoulders and upper chest. He looked at the left side of the document and read her name, emergency contact number and current address. There was a second page to the untitled document. It was an interview summary report. He learned that Danielle Watson had interviewed this woman a week ago. He continued reading the report with courteous attention, observing that Agent Watson kept revolving her questions about a woman named Victoria Lockhart—

The wailing of sirens on the street made him jerk his head to the window. The sound coming from the police car broke his concentration and the only question that lingered in his mind...

Who was Victoria Lockhart?

The engine whistled as he floored the gas pedal. He switched lanes and sped past a Porsche roadster. The driver of the Porsche pressed the horn angrily in short beeps at him. Richard roared through the red light, and dodged a Smart Car with a squeal of the tires. The storefronts were blinking past his passenger window at a high rate of speed.

Jessica became aware of the traffic coming towards them on the right instead of the left. The buildings were reflecting on the glass of the Maserati. As she continued to stare out the window, she felt her anxiety level rising with each passing minute.

How would the public view this Country once they discover the truth about the Royal family?

She saw a man lying down on top of a cardboard box on the sidewalk. He was wrapped around a well-worn and dirty gray blanket. There was small metal can by his head and someone stopped by to drop something inside.

What could be done differently to make this Country be a better place?

She glanced at the clock on the dashboard and read: 11:02 A.M.

We are twelve minutes overdue...She thought. Or rather—over cooked.

She glanced at Richard and studied his facial expression.

Yeaph! We are toasted.

The Doppler Effect annoyed him and he hated it. Getting up, he walked to the door and stopped shortly to open

it. Stepping outside, he zipped the collar on his blue jacket up around his chin and pulled his white cap down tight over his short black hair. He had an earphone, with a coil wire running behind his right ear to the receiver clipped to his belt. The street hummed with traffic as he stopped at the edge of the balcony to watch the movement below. Two police units were rushing through traffic heading east.