48

Agent Fox arrived at the Safe House while carrying a single sheet of paper in his hands.

One of the Agents from the Deputy Prime Minister's Security Detail escorted him to the room where the Deputy Prime Minister and the Lieutenant general of Winterfield were staying. He opened the door for Agent Fox and motioned for him to go inside.

Agent Fox entered the room and caught the Deputy Prime Minister and Lieutenant general staring at him.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Lord President of the Council." Agent Fox said. "Permission to Speak?"

"Permission granted." The Deputy Prime Minister responded while furrowing his brows.

Agent Fox raised his hand to show the sheet of paper that he was carrying.

"I was crossing the Waterloo Subway Station, on my way to pick up the Prime Minister's Wife; when I caught Richard Maxwell's metallic orange Maserati Gran Turismo Sovrano on top of a towing truck."

Even on top of a towing truck, this vehicle made everyone took their phones out to take a photograph.

"How do you know it was Richard Maxwell's Maserati?"

"I do recall the Prime Minister's saying that there were exactly twelve Maserati that are matching the model and color of Richard's. Since I stopped at a traffic light next to one, I decided to give a little more investigation. I made the tow truck pull over. One of the few things that I noticed right away was that there was a small car decal sticker on the front bumper of the Maserati. This sticker was located in front of the driver side tire side in allusive to the Royal Crown."

The Lieutenant general nodded his head to Agent Fox in agreement to what the Prime Minister had said earlier about Richard Maxwell's Maserati.

Does this mean they have captured Richard Maxwell? The Deputy Prime Minister thought excitedly.

"I noticed the damage on the top of the Driver door, and the Driver window was busted. There were shattered glass on top of the driver seat and on the floor mats."

"How did that happen?"

"The car was locked. In attempts to open the door, the towing truck driver busted the glass. Then the alarm went off. He had to open the hood and disconnect the battery. Once he disconnected the battery, a built-in, anti-theft battery kicked in, and according to his report, instead of the alarm start to beep continuously, it kept repeating the phrase: 'Step away from the vehicle'."

"Was Richard Maxwell located?"

"Sir no sir."

The Lieutenant general took a deep breath.

When will this nightmare end?

"However, I was thinking about this on my way here."

Agent Fox spoke again and the Lieutenant general looked up at him with both hands on the table. "This paper is a record to where the vehicle will be towed to. What about if we keep a surveillance team to watch over the lot. At some point Richard Maxwell will have to go pick up his car."

"How are you so certain of this?"

Really?!

Would you keep a car worth one hundred thousand euros in a towing lot?