Scarlet Arc Chapter 1 - Out of Time

Jublife Village,
Galaxy Hall,
Hisui Region,
300 years before the Present,

Professor Laventon was pacing back and forth, simultaneously looking excited, overwhelmed and concerned. The Pokemon watching could also see this becoming anxious by his actions.

Rubbing his head, he put his beanie back on, flustered. "Where are they? Don't tell me they've gotten into trouble already... Oh dear, oh, what a bother."

"Professor, you wanted to see me?" Akari whispered, confused. Tightening her uniform, she could already sense emotions running high. "Is something the matter?"

"Akari! Jolly Good, we have a breakthrough, no a disaster! A rare and utmost dangerous new Pokemon has been spotted, and we have no one to investigate."

"Rare Pokemon? What kind of one?"

"One that no one has documented yet... I already have three reports of our members being attacked by this beast." Professor Laventon mutters, looking over his notes. "Cyllene has refused to send out any more scouts until we know what we're dealing with. That's where you and our other friend come in. We need you to locate this Pokemon, study it, and, if possible, capture the beast for further testing."

Akari glared, rolling her eyes, annoyed. "You can't be serious. I can do this alone, you know."

"I don't doubt you can, Akari, but it's Cyllene's orders. So we don't want to go against her wishes."

"Yeah, yeah. I know... Well, I suppose I should get moving then. Knowing him, he's already out there fighting this rare Pokemon. See you later, Professor."

"Best of luck to you, Akari, and stay safe!"

Stepping outside Galaxy Hall, Akari lowered her head in shame, Pokeball at hand, grumbling to herself. "Why do I have to work with him of all people... Galaxy team's Sixth Star, Y/N."

****

A Hisuian Zorua burst through the bushes, giving chase to a different coloured shinx. Both Pokemon were tearing through the wildlands with a heated battle igniting. Zorua jumped in the air, spinning on the spot and sending out a strong blast of darkness, a dark pulse, ripping through a tree and crashing it to the ground. Several bug Pokemon fell out, causing a scene with a horde of starly flying away.

The sudden outburst caused Zorua to lose sight of the special shinx gone forever.

"Damn it! I really thought we had that one..." I whispered, crawling out of the bushes with a new useless Pokeball. "Fat chance we'll see that Shinx again..."

Zorua looked up at me, deflated, before sulking. Kneeling next to her, I gave her a warm smile. "Don't look so down, Mimi; there's always next time. We'll find out the secret to why you're a different colour someday."

Zorua was exceptionally pleased, jumping on my shoulder and rubbing against my face. Laughing alongside her, I sighed. "We've been out long enough we sho-." I paused as a dark shadow tore through the Crimson Mirelands; I looked up, being knocked back slightly, and saw a giant Pokemon soaring past. My eyes lit up in awe. "I've never seen that Pokemon before."

Dropping to my knees, I took out my Pokedex and tossed through the pages, trying to see any clue. I stopped, slightly conflicted. "It could have been you..."

"Y/N!" Glancing up, I flinched, seeing Akari running over. "Y/N!"

"What's she doing here... I'm in trouble, aren't I, Mimi?"

Zorua howled in agreement, making me groan. "I finally found you... So what are you doing out here alone, again!?"

Beginning to pay her no attention, I kept looking at where the mysterious Pokemon had vanished.