Platinum Arc Chapter 2 - Jubilife City

It had been a few days since arriving in Sinnoh, and well, I hadn't felt that home-sweet home feeling just yet. I know it's stupid to think I would recognise somewhere, but I was holding out hope a little...

But maybe that will all change arriving back in Jubilife; something has to click here, I just know it.

"What are you writing there?" Dawn questioned, making me jump. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine; you didn't scare me." I lied. "I'm just writing down my journey here. When I get back home, there's so much I need to tell everyone. Having it on record means I won't forget anything."

Dawn paused, looking over my notes. "Wouldn't details of the future cause like a paradox or something? Are you sure it's a good idea to write this down?"

"What's a Paradox?"

"It- never mind. Jubilife City is just around the corner; I bet you're excited to visit your hometown, right?"

"I think it's a mixture of excitement, nerves and pure fear. To say I'm anxious is an understatement. But, Mimi is staying calm for both of us, ain't that right, girl?"

Zorua began wagging her tail and barking away, sitting on my shoulder.

"It's still quite some distance from Sandgem Town; we will have to stay overnight at Jubilife City," Rowan informed, looking at his phone. "I've already booked us in a hotel for the night."

"Alright! That means we can freely explore the festival before it's back to work as usual." Dawn cheered. "It's the big celebration week, so you'll find the most events happening tonight."

"I hope this festival is half as good as you're making it out to be."

"No need to worry; you'll love it." She responded, gasping. "I can see it in sight!"

Running after her, I looked eagerly over the horizon. I stopped picturing the large gates welcoming all back from a hard day's work. The rows of buildings and, finally, the headquarters at the centre. That happy memory faded as I saw the skyscrapers and bustling streets going on for miles.

Trying my best not to be disappointed, even if it was apparent, I took a deep breath stroking Zorua. "Not like it used to be, huh, girl?"

Rowan stood next to me, staring at the sprawling city. "Jubilife City is a sight to behold, no doubt. When I started my Pokemon Journey, it took me three weeks to build the courage to pass through the mega city. But, raised in small towns, something like Jubilife was a real wake-up call. So we can take it at your own pace."

"Thank you, Professor, but I'm fine. I'm getting attuned to these large cities nowadays... I just never imagined Jubilife Village becoming so. Sinnoh really has changed, for better or worse, I'm still trying to come to grips with."

"I understand; I'll get us booked in; feel free to explore for as long as you like. I'll have Dawn keep an eye out."

Nodding, I took my first steps into the city, absorbing the lights, people and atmosphere simultaneously. However, I couldn't help but feel a little deflated; I've seen so many large cities; they all started to blend together.

"It isn't what we were hoping for, Mimi, but let's make the most of it while we can." I say, trying to sound excited.

It wasn't all doom and gloom; Dawn was right about one thing: the festival was in full swing. 

The lampposts had banners scattered around, linking with different Hisuian Pokemon. In addition, there were stands all around selling authentic clothing and food and people dressed up in our survey uniform playing with the children.