Scarlet Arc Final Chapter - A Parting Battle

Covering my eyes, the area ignited with the dazzling light of Terastalizing. 

"Be the light that guides all Trainers, Glimmora."

Moving my arm back, I smirked, flipping my last Pokemon up and down, feeling the tide of battle changing in my favour. Champion Geeta had that same confident look. "I can see now what sort of trainer you are, Y/N, your purpose right here and now. Nemona was right to brag about you, but I don't think this changes anything. So let's hold nothing back!"

Gripping the Hisui Pokeball tightly, I took a longwinded breath nodding. "Like it was going to be any other way, let's show the world what the power of Hisui is capable of! You've got this, Goodra!"

Goodra was sent out, raring to go. I wasn't going to mess around in the slightest using my tera orb looking to even the odds. Goodra was consumed in the sensational crystals emerging now a pure steel type.

"Choosing a steel tera type? The smartest choice I see, strong against Glimmora and immune to poison. The right decisions don't always mean a decisive victory, though! Gimmora use earth power!"

Throwing my arm back, I barked out my order, ready for this attack. "Goodra, quickly hide away in your shell and let the attack launch you!"

The Earth Power hit. Super Effective, but thanks to Goodra's bulky defence, we would hold as he was sent flying into the air, still hiding in his shell. Watching Goodra coming back down, I bit my lip waiting and whispering to myself. "Hold... Hold... Hold."

"Glimmora, don't give them a moment to counter. This is how you're supposed to unleash a move. This is what it takes to be at the top. Use Terablast!"

Bombarded with a powerful Terablast, Goodra took it all head-on, still hiding in its shell, rapidly approaching Glimmora. In that short opening, I reacted.

"Now, Goodra! Hold nothing back, Strong Style Iron Head!"

Bursting from its shell Goodra flipped around, propelling itself right into Glimmora with an almighty attack.

Super Effective!

Glimmora was blasted back and knocked out in one ultimate strike.

Geeta was taken back in awe. She took a moment before recalling Gimmora clapping. "You go beyond my imagination so easily..."

"Such overwhelming power... Such amazing skill... It seems Paldea, no, the world has gained another wonderful Trainer to be proud of." She echoed, still amazed but now with a proud smile. Congratulations. It's my honour to call you Champion Y/N. You Pokémon trainers are the treasure of Paldea. And amid that treasure, Champions are the jewels that shine brightest. Champion Y/N. It is now your duty to set an example for all of the Trainers of Paldea."

Kneeling down next to Goodra, I rubbed his back, smiling. "If you had told me six months back this is what people and Pokemon aim to do together; I'd say you were pulling my leg... I couldn't have made it without my friends giving it their all."

"Indeed, both your Pokemon and friends you've gained along the way are our true treasures. Regardless of the future, I hope you continue to grow as a Champion Trainer." Geeta applauded, walking past. "It wouldn't be reasonable to keep your friends waiting; it's time we celebrate; Paldea has a new Champion."

Zorua jumped on my shoulder as we took the elevator back down, and who else but Nemona, Penny and Arven were waiting. Exiting the Pokemon League, I tried to keep my best straight face in hopes of tricking them.

"Well? You did it. Of course, you did, but did you?" Nemona beckoned, unable to keep her excitement under control.

My plans failed as I began laughing. "I can't do this, yes! Yes, of course! I won."