Black & White Part 2 Chapter 3 - The World That Ended

One lone trainer was staring at his cracked Poke Ball; it told a story, one he held dear to his heart. He hadn't expected things to turn out this way; he wasn't prepared for the outcome. Now sitting on his throne of dirt, he gripped it tightly as the doors to his throne room flew open, and a Team Plasma grunt came running in. "My King, my King!"

The trainer didn't pay any attention to his follower, who was still staring at his one and only Pokemon. He ran his hand over the marks, feeling empty and not sure where to go from here. Everything he had worked towards, all his dreams and ambitions, his truth and ideals, had been stolen from him in the blink of an eye.

"Lord N!"

"What is it?" N whispered, captivated by his Poke Ball. "I am busy."

"It's important, they're here. The two you prophesied, the trainers from across the stars."

This had finally broken N out of his trance as he looked up, eye twitching, hearing this news. At that moment, he stood up, approaching the Plasma Grunt. "Are you sure? 100% adamant?"

"We are the one you described, the trainer from the future and the green-haired girl. Does that mean what you said? Is this the end?"

N attached his Poke Ball to his belt, taking one final look at his throne. "When two trainers from beyond time and space appear, so to the sky will fall, and silence will bestow the world. The end of everything, it's time."

"I shall inform the others."

"If we are to survive, if the Pokemon are to survive, our objective is as simple. The trainers from another world and time must die."

****

The time machine spat us out as Gretel and I hit the ground, coughing. Lying on my back, I was spread out, feeling pain ache through my back. "I will never get used to being tossed around through that machine. Are you alright, Gretel?"

Gretel was also lying down on her front, grumbling. "That really wasn't very nice. My whole body is trembling."

I caught my breath, slowly pulling myself together and standing up. "Side effect of time travel, you'll get used to it."

I held my hand out, pulling Gretel up. I patted myself down and looked around the mountaintop on which we had been dropped off. Gretel looked around, a little confused. "This is Johto?"

Looking at my Poke-VR, I nodded as I went through the data: "The Johto region 48 hours before the supposed end of the world."

"When you mean the end of the world?" Gretel whispered, a little concerned. "You come from the future of this world, then you don't mean..."

"Many of the regions like Kanto, Hoenn and Galar fall during the outbreak of MissingNo, and in 48 hours, the final Pokemon here go extinct. That final Pokemon is Ho-Oh. While it isn't the end of the world in a technical standard, it sure felt like it. Our whole world is surrounded so much by Pokemon, and without any of them, that world would be the end." I exclaim, closing my radar. "I never experienced a world with Pokemon growing up; the majority of them were already extinct, but a few survived. Those few became something of a status symbol; only those of the rich and powerful would have them."

"Expect for you."

Mimi jumped on my shoulder, licking my face as I smiled and stroked her. "This little one was saved from a poaching crew by my Father; he wanted nothing more than for me to experience the chance of having my own Pokemon, as he missed out on life only by having his Father's stories. We've looked after each other ever since. Kept her out of sight during my time as a Paradox Pokemon. We won't have to go through those steps here; this is the last bastion of the Pokemon World."