Sword and Shield Arc Chapter 2 - The Two Champions

From the hotel penthouse, Giovanni overlooked Wydon with a stern smugness gripping his wrist and adjusting his suit. "Such an ambitious lot of land and they waste it with stadiums and Pokemon Centers. How pathetic."

The door knocked as a handful of Team Rainbow Rocket Grunts in tourist disguises came in keeling. "Your majesty, you called for us?"

"Yes, what is the report on Galar and its trainers?"

"It's as you suspected sir." One grunt replies. "The Champion Leon is said to be the real deal never having lost a fight in his career. People are saying he's the strongest trainer in the world."

"One world is meaningless to the countless we have taken under control. What about this Dynamax power? Can we harness it?"

"We're working on that. It appears only the selected few gain access to Dynamax, that being the Gym Leaders and challengers. As requested, we already have several of our scouts signing up."

Giovanni turned to his grunts with a smug look. "Very good, such power will be vital to Team Rainbow Rocket. You three may leave, and send in our newest admin while heading out. I would like a word with them."

Pouring himself a drink Giovanni kept inspecting his would-be kingdom chuckling to himself. 

"You wished to see me, Giovanni?"

"Ahh, there you are. I suspect the travel wasn't too much for you?"

"No."

"Good, that was the right answer. It is key to our mission here that no one is aware of our motives. We must work from the shadows and take the aspect of surprise. That's where you come in. You'll be my eyes in the dark, keep me posted on all your findings. Strong trainers, Pokemon and exploits we can break. I'm sure someone of your calibre will have no trouble with that."

"Of course not Giovanni sir, you can count on me."

Looking at his watch he nodded. "Good, you should get yourself ready, you have a ceremony to attend. All the other gym challengers will be there. Best of luck."

"What about the Chairman of League Rose? What if he catches on?"

"You leave the Chairman to me." He smirks watching the admin leave before lifting his glass to his city cheering. "Here's to another world under Team Rainbow Rocket's control."

****

"There's our shining Champion of honour, great to see you again. And your plus one."

Zinnia glanced at me blowing wind arms crossed by Rose's remarks. "Charmed."

"Thank you again for everything Chairman, the room is out of this world. You didn't have to."

Rose waved this off with a smug look. "I will have none of it. You are our most special guest and thus we will treat you as such. I'm so excited for you to join our ceremony, I'm sure you'll be putting on quite the show."

"I'll do my best."

Zinnia looked around from the private booth speaking up. "Where's your second champion? The one from Kanto?"

"She is on the way, she just left and we'll be here in due time. Please in the meantime help yourself to food and drinks while we get everything ready."

Looking into the stadium I saw the giant crowd already forming in the stands all chanting hyping the event up. "I don't think I've seen this many people in one place."

"That makes two of us. You should try the olives, they're so good."

Turning around I was suddenly met with a flash of light as a picture of me was taken. Blinded for that short moment I rubbed my eyes seeing a tall man continuing to take selfies with me. "There's the Champion of the hour. The name's Raihan and I'm the lucky guy who's going to be battling you in the opening ceremony."