Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 3 - A Dark Wind Blows

Zephyr sat on his broken throne overlooking Hoenn, debating his next move. Placing his hands together, he was lost in thought, gripping a small Pokeball necklace tightly; the colour had faded over many years of use, with the red an echo of what it once was. His hard work was paying off; it had to be, he had dedicated his life to the cause, and now success was not a possibility but a certainty. One of his grunts came in, bowing slightly, waiting. He waited some more before clearing his throat. "World Architect, sir?"

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"Excuse me, sir?"

"This region? Isn't it truly draw-dropping? The more I look, the better it gets. I can understand why many consider Hoenn paradise, do you agree?"

The grunt gave a faint nod. "It sure is, sir."

"Did you grow up here?"

"No, World Architect. I'm from the Orre Region."

Zephyr glanced at the grunt, slightly annoyed, grumbling to himself. "Well, I suppose a pile of Miltank shit would look beautiful to you compared to living in Orre."

"I take it you're not from Hoenn, then?"

"No, no, oh Arcues no. My family grew up in a small town off the coast of the Sevii islands. My father was a former gym leader for Unova; my mother worked in the Pokemon Center part-time. We had moved to the islands when I was no older than three. I was born in Nimbasa City and lived there until we moved. I cannot remember any of that; my mother would tell stories of taking me on the Ferris wheel every week. On the other hand, Clara adored Unova; I'm sure we would have stayed if it were up to her. I could never bring myself to return home, not until my work here is done." He explained, giving the grunt his full attention. "So, what can I do for you?"

"The Pokemon you requested, World Architect, it's awake. Do you want us to bring them in?"

A sudden burst of excitement left Zephyr's mouth as he jumped up, nodding. "Oh, yes, yes! Please, bring them in, bring them in. I have much to learn from our new specimen."

Two more grunts walked in, throwing Zorua to the ground in front of Zephyr, who was all the more pleased. 

"Will that be everything World Architect?"

"Leave us." He ordered, approaching Zorua kneeling to her level and inspecting her. He didn't say a single word choosing to watch Zorua with the utmost curiosity. Zorua, on the other hand, had backed away, growling, trying to create illusions with her ghostly creations to scare him off. "You are amazing; I'm not sure if anyone has told you this, but wow. Just look at you; you are incredible."

Zorua was confused, still keeping her guard up, fully backed against the window, the whole region for her to see. Zephyr stood next to her, admiring the view. "It's remarkable, three hundred years ago, none of this would have been here—the buildings, roads and gyms. We've come so far with the evolution of technology. Even this is a miracle." He held up a Pokeball, twisting and turning the gadget. "We've done so much, yet we cannot evolve further ourselves? What kind of cruel fate is that? Not you though, oh not you, little pocket monster."

Kneeling again, Zephyr began inspecting Zorua, getting her frustrated, snapping and biting. Zephyr took his glove off, showing a metal hand. "You're not the only one who tried to evolve. From records, you, my little revolutionary, are the only hisuian variant around; the Zorua and Zoroarks of today are vastly different but similar in different ways. Ghost and normal, dark type. In some ways, your kind reverted; how unfortunate for you."

"Nevertheless, you evolved like so many other Pokemon. And you only find more ways with each passing day. New evolutions are being discovered; Mega Evolution is another of many steps of change. We've become so caught up in improving the Pokemon we live beside, yet no attention goes to our next step. The next step for humanity."