Scarlet Arc Chapter 8 - Past Meets Future Part 1

I gripped my Pokeball tightly, feeling flustered. I had only had two Pokemon left, and now I was pushed back into the corner. I droned the crowd out, taking a deep breath and gaining my composure back. Then, looking down at Zorua, I nodded and pumped. "Don't worry, buddy, I'm not down yet, this is our final challenge, and I'm not giving up so easily."

Grusha covered his mouth with his scarf nodding. "Good, I hope you have far more than that, Y/N. Show me the bonds between you and your Pokemon."

Flipping the Pokeball in the air, I smirked. "You're going to regret that; let's break the ice Tinkaton!"

Tinkaton smashed down, swinging her hammer, ready to battle. Hoping side to side, keeping warm, I rubbed my face ready. "We're holding nothing back, girl; time for your ultimate form!"

Pulling out my tera orb, I was pushed back, holding the orb with both hands as it began charging up. Then, spinning the orb, I threw it at Tinkaton as she began to teraform.

Blasting from the crystals, fire ignited everywhere, warming me up. Cracking my knuckles, I began punching the air. "It's not or never, Tinkaton!"

Grusha took his orb out, doing the same, throwing it on Altaria and changing it into an ice type. 

"You can do it, Y/N!" Nemona shouted from the crowd. I glanced at her, taken back. When did she get here?

"A little cheer isn't too bad, huh? But, then, Tinkaton, scorch the earth using Tera Blast!"

My attack shredded Altaria, almost knocked out in one hit, leaving me buzzing. One more time like that, and it's over!

"Don't get so cocky; I'm not done yet; Altaria, use dragon pulse!"

"Quick Tinkaton, use substitute!" I shout, buying us some time. Then, running to the side of the battlefield, I almost fell over the fencing barking orders. "Don't give them any time to react. Use Gigaton Hammer!"

Tinkaton reappeared, smashing the ground and propelling herself forward. "Go!"

Smashing down on Altaria, everyone was knocked back as a snow cloud ripped over the grounds making me watch anxiously.

As it settled, I saw Tinkaton standing next to a knocked-out Altaria. Jumping up, I shouted with glee. "Alright! We did it!"

Nemona was the first to run straight to me, ecstatic. "You did it! Like you really did it! See, I told you, Y/N, you're an amazing trainer!"

Grusha lowered his head in shame, approaching. "She's right... You broke the ice there for good. So here's the final gym badge and proof of your mastery over me. Congratulations."

Holding the badge, I stared at it in awe. "I did it... I really did it."

****

"Achoo!" Rubbing my nose, I sat on the bench overlooking the gym, reflecting on my journey so far. Nemona threw me a soda cracking one open herself. "Thanks."

"A drink set for a Champion Trainer." She chuckles, taking one big gulp. "Your Pokemon were amazing out there, dude; you've come so far since I found you and Zorua on that beach."

"Yeah, I guess it has been a wild two months... I didn't expect to see you here today, Nemona; I thought you were too caught up training a new team?" I question, sipping my drink. "Have you finalised it yet?"

"Yeah, huh! How about it? Wanna give my new team a whirl?"

"We just fought a super tough battle; let's pass for now."

Nemona slouched over, nodding. "I hear you; sorry again. I really want to battle, but you keep shooting down my shots."

"What can I say? You really pick bad moments to pop up like this." I smirk as Zorua laid on my lap, falling asleep. "I'm still worried no progress has been made to get me back home... It's starting to hit me where it hurts nowadays. I haven't been away from home for so long."