Scarlet Arc Chapter 4 - Starstruck

Sitting just outside the Academy's entrance allowed me to sink into my new surroundings. I wasn't going to get used to a town this big anytime soon. I had heard the saying Magikarp out of water from Professor Laventon but never put much thought into it until now. Kicking my legs back and forth, I took a deep sigh; head hung low. "We're really stuck here, aren't we, Mimi?"

I looked to Zorua, who was fast asleep, shaking my head, amused. "Wonder how long or if the Professors can get me back home? I hope the others aren't falling apart without me."

"There you are, Arceus. You're a hard person to find, Y/N." Nemona exclaims, wiping her forehead. "How are you adjusting to life here?"

"It has it's moments. I can't quite wrap my head around the trading system, though. So there's this magical system that allows you to trade with anyone worldwide? How does that work?"

"Umm, best not to put too much thought into the matter." She giggles, snapping her fingers. "Right, I forgot; I was meant to get you sorted with a Tera Orb."

"Tera Orb?"

"Yeah! It's used to terastallize your Pokémon into a different type to give them a serious boost!"

"Umm, I'm alright, thanks. Mimi's typing is already amazing, have three immunities, and only one weakness is pretty killer. Isn't that right, Mimi?"

Zorua began waking up, yawning, nodding, and slowly returning to sleep. "I hear you. But what about any other Pokémon you might capture?"

"Other Pokémon... I suppose in that regard, you can never be too careful." I shrug off. "Where do I get one?"

Nemona shakes her head, giving me a thumbs up. "You just leave the small details to me. Why don't you head down to the sandwich shop and wait for me there? This shouldn't take long."

"I could do with something to eat," I say, intrigued by the idea. "How about you, Mimi? Want some food?"

Zorua woke right up, jumping up and down and shouting with excitement. "You heard the young lady, lunchtime." I gloat.

"Super, it shouldn't take long. I'll see you in a bit. I want to get this done before lessons start."

"She's a character, alright. Well, Mimi, shall we?" I smiled as she jumped on my head excitedly. "What sandwich should we try today?"

Walking down the stairs to the central part of town, I was quickly stopped by a student wearing a helmet and star-shaped sunglasses. "Hey you, how would you like to join Team Star? You would be seen as the cool kid if you did?"

"Team Star?" I whisper, noticing another girl being pulled aside asked the same thing. "I've never heard of you."

"How is that possible? Who cares? Come on, join up, will ya? I need to hit my rota today."

"Hard pass; I'm already part of the Galaxy Team; I don't need a side hustle."

"Galaxy Team? Is that a rival group? Or are you a copycat!? I won't have our name be strung along as a selling point!" He barks, pulling out a Pokéball. "I'll make you regret not wanting to join us!"

The girl from before ran behind me as the grunt sent out a Shinx. "All I wanted was a sandwich... Fine, to hell with it. Let's show this loser not to mess with us, Mimi!"

"Loser? You don't have to get personal, dude..." He whispered, soon shouting. "Shinx, use spark!"

"Dodge it, Mimi, and return the assault with Shadow Ball!"

Zorua spun in the air bouncing off a lamppost and shooting a ball of darkness forward, blasting Shinx back. The enemy's Pokémon was just standing as it came back for revenge. "Shinx, use tackle!"