Scarlet Arc Chapter 3 - Time Crisis

"Oya! Hurry, Y/N, we're burning daylight."

Slouched against koraidon, I held my head feeling sick. "Burning daylight is one way of saying it... Why is it so hot?"

Zorua sat in between my legs, resting as koraidon kept at a slow and steady pace, clearly realising I wasn't feeling the greatest. I'm unsure how Nemona can be so upbeat and on her toes. This is exhausting. Passing through the meadows, I continued to glance at brand new Pokémon, getting my heart racing. "Just when until Professor Laventon hears about this... I'm going to need a new Pokedex at this rate."

Catching up with Nemona, she began wildly waving, standing by a strange structure. Sitting up, I wiped my forehead, dizzy. "Over here! I maybe thought your Zorua could use a quick visit to the Pokémon Center."

"A Pokémon Center? What's that?"

Nemona almost fell over, shocked. "What!? Don't you know what a Pokémon Center is? My, my, that's fine. I can quickly explain. Here, you can take injured Pokémon and get them healed up to as good as new."

"There's such buildings here? Paldea is so vastly different to Hisui."

"How strange you don't have any. It doesn't matter; if you pass the nurse your Pokéball, she'll heal up your Zorua immediately."

"O-oh. About that... I sort of lost Mimi's Pokéball, alongside the rest of my team, when I was fighting this super strong Pokémon."

Nemona's eyes widened as she covered her mouth in shock. "You lost your friends!? That's horrible! Should we search for them? Where should we begin?"

"I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure Akari picked them up when we were separated. She sure likes scolding me for losing them..." I laugh nervously, still feeling concerned.

"You lose your Pokémon often? You should be more careful about something as dear as your Pokémon."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Say, since you've lost your buddies, why not start training up a new team? You might never know what you encounter while on the hunt." She suggests the first good idea Nemona had come up with. "Here, I'll lend you some of my Pokéballs; I have loads."

Taking one, I glanced over it conflicted. It looked similar to my own but much more high-tech. "Thanks, I won't need that many. I'll craft more later."

"You can craft Pokéballs?! That's so awesome; you have to show me!" She shouts in awe, stopping herself. "Crap, I'm getting ahead of myself. Since we're here, let's have a battle! I want to see what your Zorua is capable of."

Zorua raised her head, shaking it in detest as I frowned. "Yeah, I'd rather not, thanks."

"Aww, why not?"

"We don't just battle any Pokémon for the sake of it. As a survey corps member, it's my job to seek out all Pokémon and build a connection between people and Pokémon. Battling is seen as a last resort when things get dicey. Besides, Mimi and I are exhausted..."

"I suppose that makes sense. I'm sorry; maybe next time. Right, we should get heading to Narnja Academy!"

Holding onto Koraidon, we began moving through a small town; I saw people and Pokémon interacting and playing. It couldn't help but bring a smile to my face. "It's nice to see everyone getting along so well. It's a dream I've always had; I never quite thought it would come true."

"Are Pokémon seen differently in Hisui, then?" Nemona asked, walking backwards, curious. 

I nodded along, sitting up. "Yeah, for most, Pokémon are something to fear. The majority of us don't even leave Jubilife Village for that reason. Only a select few of us are a part of the Galaxy Team that works with Pokémon. We're trying to prove to everyone that people and Pokémon can work together. But with uncommon Pokémon attacks and the now recent space-time distortions, that dream is becoming harder by the day."