Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 8 - Like Mother Like Daughter

The boat journey was tense, to say the least, each passing second felt like an hour as none of us knew what sort of events were waiting for us. Holding onto the top of the boat my Rotom phone was hovering in front of me as I was on a video call with Looker.

"Agent Hisui, report, what the hell is going on down there!?"

"Looker sir, I'm going to be honest with you, I have no idea. We were in contact with the Aether Foundation when... Well, when."

"The culprit attacked and we lost signal with Lillie and the others. We're heading there now to see the damage." Gladion interrupted arms crossed staring at the facility appearing on the horizon.

I bit my lip still taken back by the events. "Listen, Looker, I don't quite know how but the person who attacked them was me. I saw another version of me."

"Just like the reports, We've just received your latest reports regarding this other world, a future Unova on the brink of destruction. Normally the idea would be thrown out but Anabel herself has taken great interest in your story. So much in fact, she's willing to send you two more of your party members to subdue this threat." Looker informed me as I noticed Police officers running in the background. "Do you have any preference?"

"While in the other world, I was attacked by many Pokemon, those far stronger than mine. I think it's time I fight fire with fire. I need my Paradox Pokemon for this Looker, please send over Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon."

"Very well, they'll be waiting for you at the Aether Foundation, I'm afraid that's all the backup we can provide for the time being, we've got our problems back here with a sudden surge of Ultra Wormholes appearing all over the region. No Ultra Beasts have come through but we're preparing the evacuations to be on the safe side. Your orders, however, are simple. Locate the copycat and bring him in. This culprit is the key to everyone going on. Stop him once and for all."

"Yes sir, I'll get it done." Ending the call I looked forward cursing under my breath. "I hope."

Gladion glared to me hesitating to speak up, but eventually, he chose to. "Know this Y/N, I still do not trust you. To me all of this is mighty convenient, Those international Police may trust you, but it's going to take a whole lot for me to fall on that boat."

Scoffing at this I looked ahead. "I'd be more surprised if you did trust me after all of this. I'm not looking for your trust, what's far more important is making sure everyone is safe and sound. We can discuss the circumstances after all is said and done."

"Finally something we can agree on. If anything happens to Lillie, I'll make you pay."

"I agree, same goes for Zinnia. Whoever this copycat is, it ends today."

****

Making it inside the foundation the place was a warzone, supplies and crates were all over the place, and much of the building was still on fire with many of the Aether employees down for the count. Jumping off the boat Zorua was still on my shoulder as I looked around horrified. "My Arcues... They went too far."

"We don't have time to tend to the wounded. Our priority is making sure my sister is safe. Move it, now!" Gladion ordered running for the elevator. Looking to the wounded I felt awful leaving them but I didn't have much choice but to rush for the main office. As the elevator began to ascend the building continued to tremble alarms going crazy. Gladion looked at his watch more paranoid than ever. "The Ultra Wormhole detector is going off the charts. There could be a dozen of them appearing all around the foundation in moments. We need to do something!"

"Gladion... Breathe, everything is going to be alright."

The elevator stopped as he pushed past me. "You don't understand, this happened before. The day my mother and Guzma were taken never to be seen again."