Z-A Arc Chapter 3 - Blueberry Academy

I wandered around Aquacorde Town, slightly lost; I knew this was where Nemona said the remaining Blueberry Academy was meeting, but I couldn't see them anywhere. Maybe they already left? Knowing my luck, that's probably true. I paused momentarily, taking a deep breath and glancing to my side, smirking. "Feels weird to be travelling on our own, huh, Mimi? Half expect Zinnia to jump out and blabber something about imagination."

Walking down the steps of Aquacorde Town, I stood by the fountain, seeing a small forest just up ahead. Deciding to take a small break, I sat beside the fountain. I pulled out my phone, scrolled through my socials, and saw what was happening. I stopped on one news post, surprised. "Someone already beat the Alola Elite Four and claimed the spot as Champion? Say... Does that mean I can finally stop using that title?"

Zorua giggled, wagging her tail, trying to look at herself. "That would make my life easier. Being a Champion Trainer of one region is good enough for me... Say, I wonder who beat Lillie? It must be someone strong."

Before I could check who it was, I heard a crowd roaring excitedly and what sounded like Pokemon battling. While I'd much prefer just sitting here for the rest of the afternoon and chilling, something tells me I already know who's picking a fight at this time of day. "No rest for the wicked, ready Mimi?"

Zorua jumped on my shoulder, walking over my back onto my left side, barking away again. "You sure have been vocal today, haven't you, girl? I'm glad one of us has a lot of energy. Let's go and see Nemona picking on a defenceless trainer into a one-sided Pokemon battle."

****

Making it to the back end of Aquacorde, I could see a small crowd forming; most looked to be students in outfits I didn't recognise. Arms crossed, I clicked my tongue, looking to Zorua. "How much you wanna bet these lots are the Blueberry Academy We've been looking for?"

Sitting on the steps, I better see the battle as Nemona took on a boy with purple hair and a dead serious glare. Nemona already had her Pokeball ready, smirking. "I heard you got real strong since we last battled Kieran, became Champion and everything. I'm so psyched! Time for us Champions to let loose!"

"Another Champ, huh? We sure love running into those lot, don't we?" I whisper, watching the battle take place.

"I put everything into studying and making my Pokémon stronger... I crushed the Elite Four and became Champion... All that hard work... All of it..." Kieran paused, clutching his Ultra Ball tightly. "All of it was just so that I could beat you-right here, right now!"

Nemona sent out her first pair of Pokémon, Pawmot the Hands-On Pokémon, and Lycanroc, the fierce Rock-type wolf Pokémon. On the other side of the field, Kieran countered with his duo, the mighty Dragonite and the technical prowess of Porygon-Z.

Kieran clenched his fist, glaring at Nemona. "I know I'm making the right choice... You'll understand that soon enough!"

"Alright, Pawmot, Lycanroc, let's show them what we're made of!" Nemona called out.

Kieran smirked confidently. "Let's settle who's the strongest between us two, once and for all, Nemona! Dragonite, Porygon-Z, let's give it our all!"

The battlefield crackled with anticipation as the trainers made their moves.

"Pawmot, start us off with a thunderbolt on Dragonite! Lycanroc, use Rock Slide to disrupt Porygon-Z!" Nemona commanded.

"Porygon-Z set up a Tri Attack on Pawmot! Dragonite, take to the skies and counter with a Thunder Punch on Lycanroc!" Kieran strategised.

The battlefield erupted in a flurry of elemental attacks. Electrical energy gathered around Pawmot as it launched a powerful thunderbolt toward Dragonite, while Lycanroc conjured a cascade of rocks with Rock Slide, aiming at Porygon-Z. Meanwhile, Porygon-Z unleashed a Tri Attack, its beams swirling with different types of energy, targeting Pawmot. Dragonite soared high, charging its Thunder Punch to strikeLycanroc from above.