Platinum Arc Chapter 4 - Team Galatic's Newest Pawn

"Hey, do you know where Team Galatic is?"

I repeatedly asked this question, only for people to avoid me. No one wanted to know; one dared look me in the eye. Floaroma Town quickly became deserted, with nothing to show for it. Tapping my foot, I frowned, looking at Zorua. "What's the problem when all of them?"

Zorua gave a faint frown, deflated by our efforts. Taking out my rotom phone, I took a while figuring out how to pull up the map, feeling more lost than ever. "Those grunts said it was here, but I see no sign screaming out Galatic Base right here."

"Umm, excuse me, mister... Are you looking for Team Galatic?"

Turning around, I was confronted by a little girl clenching a Chimchar plush tightly. Kneeling to her level, I smiled. "Can you help me? I got a little lost along the way."

The little girl pointed to the flower shop, whispering. "I see many Galatic baddies go in, but none ever come out."

"None come out?" I respond, curious. "Maybe there's a tunnel underneath, another way out? I'll look into it. Thank you, little one. Stay safe."

Putting my phone away, I approached the flower shop, the girl's words speaking the truth. Nothing was on display, the windows were dirty, and the sign said closed in the middle of a sunny day. Rubbing my hands together, I took a deep breath. "This is it, Mimi; let's go and say hi."

Pushing the door open, the bell rang, and I found the shop relatively empty. While there were flowers, most were well past the sell-by date, with the only thing of note being a water fountain in the centre of the shop. But even with all of this, a shopkeeper was still keeping watch.

Approaching them, I kept looking around. "This is Team Galatic's base, yeah?"

No response. 

Raising my eyebrow, I smiled, bobbing up and down. "I was told to come here. I'm a new recruit, well I say new I've been a member for over 300 years... Nevermind."

No response.

Laughing to myself, feeling uncomfortable, I tapped the table, trying to keep a smile. "My name is Y/N; ring a bell. Anyone send for a Y/N?"

The shopkeeper opened the till as the water fountain stopped working. Approaching it, I saw a staircase leading down to a secret entrance. "Now that is cool."

Carefully descending, I whistled to myself, seeing a small thrown-together headquarters; it wasn't anything extraordinary, but thinking it was hidden away made up for it. I caught a few members glancing at me as I kept walking, hands in my pockets, excited for what came next.

"Y/N! Y/N, thank Arcues you're here." Grunt 2 boasted, jumping up from a sofa and looking nervous. "We thought you ran off somewhere; what happened?"

"If I'm being sincere, I can't for the life of me remember..." I admit scratching my head. "I think I travelled somewhere well beyond Sinnoh; I saw some shiny gear?"

Pausing momentarily, it was only when Grunt 2 gasped that he stepped back. "Did you say a gear? The Commander needs to hear this! Quickly, quickly, come with me."

Heading into the heart of the HQ, I saw a few scientists inspecting computers and diagrams. At the back of the room was a woman with purple hair and the same costume as everyone else.

"Commander Jupiter! We found the boy Grunt 1 spoke of; we weren't lying."

Jupiter turned around, seemly surprised by my appearance. "Well, well. So these two weren't talking nonsense after all? So you're this infamous powerful trainer I heard all about wanting to join our ranks, huh?"