Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 7 - Zinnia's Resolve

The sky exploded with a brilliant light, Zinnia had the full display standing atop Sky Pillar. Her heart bewildered, she accomplished her mission, that she kept telling herself over and over. Yet she felt empty. Crossing her arms she let out a defeated sigh followed by a chuckle. "He really did it huh Aster? Brendan saved the day. As it should be... I, I fulfilled my duty, everyone can rest easy."

Choosing not to move she kept watching the sky, with hopes she could get one last look, one final reminder of her Dragon Lord, one last look at Raquaza. Time passed before she decided to give in turning her gaze to her Whismur smiling for the first time. "You're absolutely right missy, onwards and forwards." Decsending the pillar Zinnia ran her hands over the carvings of her people. A tear fizzled out crashing to the bottom of the tower, one foot resting over the edge as she closed her eyes.

"Was it enough? Can I finally move on? Did I make you proud Grannie?" Opening her eyes she felt the Sky Pillar rumble slightly hearing the roar of Rayquaza soaring by. Placing her foot back on the platform she continued down peering back up with a sombre whisper. "Until we meet again Dragon Lord."

****

Everything felt that little bit more. Simple.

Goodra burst through the lab taking on hordes of Ludicolo not showing any sign of slowing down. His brutal and raw power bled off devastating all that chose to stand in it's way. Thrusting my fist forward I began giving orders more determined than ever. "Goodra, stop being so weak! Destroy your enemy with Shadow Storm!"

Goodra let out an ear-piercing scream, our pain shared, as it completely crushed two more of Miror B's team leaving him on the edge of defeat.

I had overcomplicated the concept of battle, it's not about the friendship of one's Pokemon. The bond they hold. It's simply who's more powerful.

"The boss never said you were this strong! Oh, this won't do! Ludicolo wash this loser away with a fabulous surf!" I didn't even give an order letting Goodra get hit. He tanked it as he should. If he were to get knocked out by such a weak move then he's useless. "Oh, how dare you! I say, how dare you! Why won't you just lose!?"

If I am to ever see Mimi again I need to make sure I am the strongest. Nothing can stand in my way.

"Goodra. Finish them. Shadow Bolt."

The shadowy lightning strike took out each of the remaining Luidicolo leaving Miror B defeated once and for all. Looking around he tried to make a quick escape only to be stopped by Shadow Liligant. "I don't think so. Where is my partner? Where is Mimi?"

"Mimi? Listen, kid, I don't know nicknames for every Pokemon out there you're going to have to be more specific!"

Holding my head I felt myself blacking out my patience running out. Shadow Goodra and Liligant towered over Miror B as I kept croaking out words my breath staggered. "Give. Me... Back to my best friend. She's all. I have left... Of Home."

The Shadowy aura from Goodra and Liligant faded as I fell to my knees coughing. Zinnia and the Professor ran to my aid as Miror B escaped. "Ge- Get ba-." I kept coughing continually the dark aura drowning me. "I can still fight, no one else has to get hurt..."

Collapsing Zinnia caught me looking at Professor Krane disturbed. "Professor, what's wrong with him?"

"I- I don't know, I've never seen a case of a Shadow Trainer. I don't even think our technology could resolve this... We need to get him to Agate Village right away. The elders will know what to do."

****

"We need a name for you girl. Something we can both commit to, just calling you Zorua would be sad. You're special so how about it?"