Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 1 - Another Happy Landing

"Mayday! Mayday, this is Air Pikachu 1996."

"We are under attack. Sustained damage, I've lost control. 

"We are going down! Mayday! Mayday! Is anyone reading!? Mayday!"

I lost sight of Zorua as Rayquaza blasted through us, knocking me back further. Stumbling with my belt, I panicked, fear taking hold. "Roaring Moon, for the love of Arceus, I need your help!"

My heart dropped as I accidentally sent out Liligant, who was falling startled. "S-Sorry! Come back!"

Going through my Pokeballs, I was nearing the ground as I finally caught wind of Roaring Moon sending him out. Latching onto the Pokemon, we soared forward, dodging the shadow Pokemon from catching us. Firing a bombardment of Hyper Beams, we began dodging, only to get blasted by one head-on. Roaring Moon was taken down as we crashed onto the beach. Flying off my Pokemon, I rolled over, hitting a rock, my back pressed against it. Trickles of blood began streaming down my neck, and my clothes were scorched and torn apart. The plane touched down, scattering all over the beach as I blacked out, unsure if I would ever wake up.

****

A steampunk zeppelin hovered over Hoenn's outskirts, watching out of view of any bypasses. No Pokemon dared go near it for fear of what was happening inside.

From the main deck, a man with long green hair stood. He wore a labcoat-cape fusion and a futuristic visor covering his eyes. He watched with stern intent as a Pokemon was being experimented on from a small chamber. The Breloom was being electrocuted and tortured with no sign of the man stopping.

Another scientist came in holding a set of notes, speaking out. "World Architect... World Architect. Zephyr?"

Zephyr held his finger up, not saying a word, not wanting to be distracted from the experiment. So the constant torture went on until the Breloom fainted. Then, finally, Zephyr lowered his hand, placing both behind his back with a deep sigh. "Failure again. Such a weak creature; get rid of it. I require stronger revolutionaries."

"I understand. I bring news. Rayquaza brought down another aeroplane just on the outskirts of Dewford Town; there was one survivor."

Looking at his fellow scientist Zephyr gave a bored expression. "And what has this got to do with me?"

"Well, news has been reporting that the survivor was a Champion from Paldea. A trainer called Y/N."

Zephyr's eyes widened for a brief moment upon hearing the name. "Y/N? The trainer with the impossible revolutionaries?"

"The very same."

Zephyr nodded, returning to his experiment chamber as a Hisuian Typhlosion was brought in. Thunderbolts were again ignited, striking the Pokemon as Zephyr returned to watching his show. "Excellent. I must see those marvellous revolutionaries for myself. Bring him to me, by whatever means."

"Of course World Architect."

Zephyr smiled, watching the Typhlosion trying to fight back, resisting the constant attacks. Then, holding his hand out, he closed his fist as the Pokemon fainted. "The power of evolution in the palm of my hand. I'll soon have that power; that's my promise to you, dear Clara."

****

The sun was already setting as I woke coughing, wincing in pain. Amidst the soft golden hues of the dying day, the twisted remains of the aircraft lay scattered across the sandy shore, bearing the scars of a violent impact. Broken wings jut out at odd angles, their once majestic span reduced to mangled fragments. Debris from the wreckage litters the beach, creating a haunting trail leading away from the crash site. Pieces of twisted metal, torn fabric, and shattered glass mingle with the delicate seashells and grains of sand. Admists the wreckage was Roaring Moon still out cold during Rayquaza's ambush. Still gripping his Pokeball tightly, I withdraw my partner attacking the Pokeball to my belt.