Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 6 - More Than Meets the Eye

The sun was beginning to set as the long journey to the Aether Foundation began, leaning against the tail of the boat I closed my eyes letting the cool breeze bathe away all worries, at that moment I felt completely free, gone of ambition and order, it was just me. This little moment to myself would be cut short as Zinnia stood next to me admiring the view. "This reminds me of the time we had to escape Rayquaza's might heading to the Orre region."

Turning around I leaned on the same railing with my back arms crossed. "I would say this is a nicer way to travel, but you always got to have a little bit of excitement in your life." A pause. "Zinnia, I don't fully trust this Aether Foundation."

"So it isn't just me then, that's good to know. I don't want to jump to conclusions but it's all rather convenient the Ultra Wormhole situation has worked in their favour. They've received all the funding and equipment needed, not to mention they're the same people who claimed to have seen you raid them."

Nodding along I held my chin giving it a thought. "You don't think they're the ones behind this?"

"I hope not, otherwise we're walking straight into a trap. But we cannot rule out the possibility. If everything does go sideways, you got my back?"

Holding my hand out Zinnia smacked it as I smirked. "We're partners for a reason eh? Regardless of intention, the Aether Paradise knows everything to know about Ultra Wormholes, and I intend to find out everything they know."

The boat came to a halt as we docked on the man-made island. Several employees and guards were already there, what a welcome party it was. Stepping off the boat I held my hands up turning around keeping the situation under control. One of the employees began checking me.

"Is all of this seriously needed?" Zinnia mumbled not looking impressed by how I was already being treated.

"They have nothing to worry about, I already dropped off my Pocket Monsters in the PC as a sign of good faith. No chance of doing anything shady."

Once I was in the clear I turned back around bowing slightly and clapping my hands. "Everyone here should be so proud of what they are doing, well done all."

"I do apologise if our approach came off as hostile, you must understand the situation is rather, confusing to say the least." A woman admits approaching us adjusting her glasses and giving her best smile. "My name is Wicke, I am the assistant branch chief of the Aether Foundation. On behalf of everyone here, I welcome you both."

"Hostile is an understatement, you're treating Y/N like a criminal." Zinnia snapped.

Wicke looked deflated nodding along. "I understand your frustration, however, we cannot take any risks, I am fully onboard with the International Police's investigation, if you follow me I'll give you a tour."

Stepping onto an elevator we began to ascend the floors as I cleared my throat already beginning my questioning. "Isn't this all too much for research into Ultra Space?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, The Aether Foundation didn't start off researching into that matter, primarily we are at the front of protecting Pokemon and preserving the rarer breeds that are sought after by ill parties. Our former President loves all kinds of Pokemon and was heartbroken over the condition many were left in due to evil humans. This place was created as a paradise for all Pokemon and for us to further research in a safe and welcoming environment."

"And then you had to go and meddle with Ultra Space? Wasn't your leader happy enough with just your world's Pocket Monsters?"

"I can see why you may feel that way, truth be told our former leader Lusamine became quite obsessed with Ultra Beasts, I did try and convince her to keep her work focused on the here and now, but it was of little use and was too late."