Black & White Part 1 Chapter 7 - Operation Rescue Gretel

"The next stop is Castelia City, Castelia City, and exit here for the Skyarrow Bridge, the Central Business Center, and Castelia University. The next stop is Nacrene City. This train terminates at Accumula Town."

I wasted no time being back in the future. The moment the doors to the train opened, I was already scrambling to my feet and running up the stairs, leaving Ingo and Emmett behind. Hearing Gretel's screams, the last of the Shadow Triad had snatched her up in the heat of the moment. I wasn't going to let them take her. Jumping up the last flight of stairs, I slid under a police barrier as people all took notice of the Plasma member jumping between lampposts of the large station, holding Gretel over his shoulder. He looked at me, annoyed. "You just don't know when to quit, do you?"

Pushing through the crowds, I had my Poke ball at hand, shouting back. "I'm not letting you take her; let Gretel go!"

Jumping to another lamppost right next to the giant glass window, he scoffed at my demands. "You don't have a choice. This girl will lead us right to Ghetsis. The rebirth of Team Plasma starts today."

Jumping through the window, the glass shattered as shocked screams echoed out. I was knocked around, unable to move, squashed by the overwhelming crowd trying to escape. Holding my hand up as high as possible, I gripped a Poke Ball, letting out a Roaring Moon. It grabbed my arm, pulling me up and flying me above the crowd. Darting through the destroyed window, I landed out in the open, looking up to Roaring Moon. "Take to the sky, see if you can find Gretel!"

Roaring Moon soared off as I took a moment to catch my breath. "I didn't want to admit it, but I was exhausted, coming right from fighting off Team Plasma in Jubilife Village to now rescuing Gretel. I'm not sure just how much longer I could keep going like this."

I began running again only for my healing sprained ankle to play up. Stumbling to one knee I gagged furious. "Not now! Come on, Y/N, move your ass!"

With enough willpower, I got up and running again, turning the corner. I wasn't even paying attention to where I was going, bumping into someone falling down again. Holding my head in pain, I winced. "Sorry, I'm in a hurry!"

"Y/N? Owie, that hurt." Nemona also whimpered on the floor. "What's the big idea?"

I opened my eyes, finding Nemona and Zorua in front of me. My heart skipped a beat, and a smile reached my face as I picked up Zorua and hugged her. "Mimi! Oh, thank you, Arceus. I am glad to see you. We're never going to separate like this again, you hear me."

"Where's my warm welcome?" Nemona mumbles, still on the floor. I quickly help Nemona up and hug her. She takes this surprise: "O-oh! Listen, Y/N. I know you've missed us and all. But we were only on the phone a few hours ago. Where did you get that costume?"

I smile, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Trust me, I'll be sure to get you all up to speed. But right now, we have bigger problems. Team Plasma has just kidnapped a friend of mine!"

"What, Team Plasma? Them again!" Another girl shouts, annoyed.

"Y/N, this is Iris, the current Champion of Unova; remember, we were going to work with her regarding the MissingNo case."

"R-Right! Iris, sorry, I'll be sure to provide a proper introduction later, but for now..."

"I know, I know. Your friend comes first. Castelia is a big city, but I know we'll find her."

"You aren't going anywhere." A voice threatened. We all turned, finding a Team Plasma Grunt halting our progress.

"Bold words coming from just one Grunt!" Nemona scoffed.

"One grunt?" He smirked as suddenly dozens more began surrounding us. They all kept appearing out of nowhere, behind back allies, coming out of shops and apartment complexes; one even went out of the sewers!?