Scarlet Arc Chapter 6 - Gotcha!

"I'll sacrifice this entire world if it means getting them back."

"How could you ever understand? I love her."

"I must fix my mistakes no matter the cost."

A stray raindrop startled me awake as I looked around the small cave entrance I had taken shelter in from the sudden downpour. Zorua was still fast asleep, making me smile. Standing up, doing my best not to wake her, I began stretching, seeing the rain starting to settle down. Knowing this, I took out my map, humming to myself. "Levincia is just up ahead. I can't believe I've already made it this far out through Paldea. It's incredible, although I'm sort of hoping for a way to get back home now..."

Zorua walked up, yawning, sitting beside me, and wagging her tail. "Did I wake you, girl? I'm starving; how does grabbing food sound?" Of course, Zoura didn't argue over food, running circles around me howling. "Alright, alright, you don't need to tell me twice. Let's hit the road."

Pausing, I threw my bag on, feeling deflated. "Those strange dreams still make no sense..."

****

I was stuck on the spot, entirely overwhelmed by the sight of Levincia. The buildings were too tall, reaching the clouds in size. Moving pictures advertising almost anything were plastered all over the city; to top it off, the place was packed. Zorua was just as spooked as I huddled to my leg like a lost toddler trembling. People were walking all around us, unphased by this wonder. Diving away, I slipped out of the main parade of people standing next to a cafe, exhausted by everything. Leaning against the wall, I took the most extended breath imaginable. I also closed my eyes, droning all the sights out, mumbling. "I'm never going to get used to this world..."

"Hey..."

A meek voice whispered; I didn't react, just seeing it as another white noise to match all the others. That was until I heard it again a little louder.

"Hey."

Opening my eyes, I was surprised to see the girl with the Eevee bag, the same girl I stopped Team whatyoucallit from annoying. "Oh, you're that student... Sorry I didn't catch your name."

"My name is Penny." She starts nodding. "I saw you in the crowd and wanted to meet face-to-face this time."

"Nice to meet ya, Penny. I'm Y/N, and this is my partner Mimi."

"Y-yes, I know who you are. After all, you've been the one taking down Team Star through operation Starfall. Unfortunately, Cassiopeia lost contact with you two weeks back, but I'm glad you decided to help us."

"Oh, yeah, Team Star, that's what they are called... But, wait, can we roll it back to the part where you said I've been fighting Team Star?"

Penny looked confused, rubbing her cheek. "Huh? What do you mean? Two of their bases have already been raided, and the bosses defeated. That was you, right?"

"Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't been doing any of that. I gave the gym challenge a go, but it wasn't my liking, so I haven't focused too much on it. Although saying that I have been collecting the badges, so I guess I am doing it?" I whisper, intrigued now. "But now I'm curious, what makes you think it was me taking down Team Star and not somebody else?"

Penny looked troubled, turning around and muttering. "This isn't good... We have no idea who is fighting us; I mean Team Star! They could have a malicious intention behind all of this. Sorry to get you mixed up in this Y/N; I thought you'd agreed to Operation Starfall because of the reports I got back. A trainer was battling the bosses with a mysterious Pokemon no one had seen before."

I looked to Zorua, nodding along. "I guess that makes somewhat sense; word has gotten around about my Zorua; I wouldn't put it past most to mix up us and someone else with a rare Pokemon... Say you wouldn't happen to know what Pokemon it was?"