Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 4 - Stop Mimikyu Me!

Have you heard the story of the Thing that stalks at night? It is said, if you're out far past the safety of the sun the thing from the forest will come for you. It prays on naughty children and Pokemon, it will strike when least expected and snatch away one's happiness. All that remains is an empty husk too afraid to enjoy the life it once knew.

If you hear the sound of crying while out deep into the night, you better run home otherwise the thing that stalks at night will get you.

****

"And can you raise your arm above your chest please?" The Aether Foundation Researcher said finishing off what felt like a neverending examination. 

Putting my shirt back on I sat on the examination table sighing looking to Gladion. "So is anyone going to tell me what's happening here?"

The Researcher kept walking around me with a tablet still bombarding me with questions. "Do you feel any semblance of nausea, any sign of fatigue or stress?"

"Just the unnerving feeling of being watched... Can we quit with the questions please!"

Gladion nodded to the researcher sighing himself arms crossed. "We had to take extra precautions, we don't know enough about travelling through Ultra Space to know if there's any side effects."

"Side effects? Can we roll back to the fact I've travelled to another world? I mean, I didn't feel like anything happened. One minute I was here, the next poof. Maybe I'm used to being pulled into ominous portals coming out of the sky?"

"I don't think that's it. The report is different to the other time people travelled through the wormhole. They had to make physical contact, you didn't move. No time passed at all, one moment you were glowing blue the next you appeared behind us."

Rubbing Zorua's head I gave a confused look hoping for some more answers. "Others? Others have travelled through the wormhole? Who?"

"The former Aether Foundation's boss and my mother. She never came back."

"O-Oh, I'm I'm sorry Gladion."

Turning away he shook his head. "Don't be, it wasn't your fault. It has put quite a burden on Lillie though... Team Skull's leader also got mixed up in the event. Neither one has been found since."

"When did this happen?"

"Eight months ago." He admitted. "The Wormholes have died down relatively, truth be told they've only spiked in activity-."

"Since I got here," I grumble standing up. "Sounds about right, any further leads on the case. Come to think of it, you mentioned seeing me at the crime scene. Care to explain?"

Before the case could go any further the door to the Aether House opened and a small boy walked in teary-eyed looking scared at the same time. "E-Excuse me... Is Acerola in?"

"Who?"

"The Trial Captain in the area, don't worry about her." Gladion shut down turning to the kid. "No, you can't stay here, we have important Aether Foundation business. Get out."

The boy burst into tears as I rolled my eyes kneeling to his level. "Hey, kiddo, there's no need for that. What's wrong?"

"I-I-I."

"Hey, would patting my Pokemon make you feel better?" The boy nodded as Zorua slowly approached wagging her tail. "This is my best friend, Mimi, she is an amazing cuddle buddy."

The boy cheered up slightly and began patting Zorua as I looked at Gladion shaking my head. "Not a people's person huh?"

"Shut up."