Black & White Part 2 Chapter 1 - Set in Stone

Y/N was dead—no other way of looking at it. He lay in a pool of blood, a broken Poke Ball rolling across the floor. This was all Gretel could look at; her thoughts and senses shattered, still coming to grips with what happened.

Her stricken stare drifted to the Original Dragon, who had just ended Y/N in a second. He had, in his last moments, saved Gretel from the same fate, a sacrifice that might have meant nothing.

The Original Dragon was out of control, no longer listening to thought or reason—no more truths or Ideals—just blind rage. Gretel stepped back, met with unmatched fear as it began to approach her. She fell to the floor, crawling back, tears forming as her fate seemed decided there and then. The Original Dragon raised its claws, striking down as Gretel screamed out, hiding, not looking death in the face.

"Iron Jet, Blast burn!"

Out of nowhere, a metallic-looking Charizard broke into the scene, its wings replaced with burning jet boosters. The Paradox Pokemon tore through the Original Dragon, finishing off the weakened Pokemon, which was split into three stones scattered across the ground. Gretel slowly turned her head, looking at the impossible Charizard, her voice and mind scratchy, whispers at the fingertips of her mind.

"I was too late, it seems... No, I was right on time."

A figure stood over Gretel, the future Pokemon returning to a holographic state, crumbling into the Poke-VR. Gretel was speechless; she didn't know what to think, feeling everything finally snapping.

"Y/N?"

I looked down at Gretel, shaking his head. "Yes, but not the one you were hoping for."

My Zorua shouted in desperation and shock, running right at me and jumping into my arms, crying. I caught her, holding her close, smiling. "There you are, Mimi, oh Mimi, I'm so happy to see you too. I told you I would find you."

"I-I don't understand..." Gretel echoed as I walked past her; she was still on her knees, tears running down her face. "Who are you?"

I sighed, looking at this world's Y/N with pity. "Kicked the bucket huh? This path has always led to this moment... Even if I told you that this would happen, would you have done anything differently? No, that's just who you are."

His Zorua, Mimi, was tugging at Y/N's body, breaking down and whimpering. She kept biting at his clothes trying to wake him up, walking around his body she began licking his face crying for him to wake up.

I put my hands in my pocket with a simple, lone sigh, turning to Gretel. "Y/N isn't meant to die, not like this, not forever. He was meant to be the one to stand against Rainbow Rocket and MissingNo. Without him, this world like mine would be destined for ruin. Do you have any idea what you've done, Gretel?"

"T-This... This wasn't what I wanted; oh God, I didn't. This wasn't me." She began screaming, pulling at her hair, lost for words. "I wouldn't do this, I wouldn't!"

"Well, it doesn't matter what it was; he's dead. There's no way around that, so what are you going to do now?"

"What am I going to do now?"

I walked over to Gretel, annoyed and groaning. "Do you want to save him or not?"

"I... I don't understand; save him, how? Who are you!! Why do you look like my Y/N!?"

I smacked Gretel around the face, making her freeze up. "Don't ask pointless questions; it won't bring him back, nor do we have time for your angsty breakdown. Do you want to save Y/N or not?"

Gretel looked up at me, taken for words, dumbfounded. After some time, she just nodded. "I do..."

I held my hand out, accepting that answer. "Then come with me if you want him to live."