Platinum Arc Chapter 11 - The Plan 300 Years in the Making Part 2

Volo stood over me with just as surprised, shaking his head. "What are the chances? The greatest wielder of Pokémon this land knows here; what do you think of this world? It's vile and unholy. Arceus would never create such a disgusting world like this one."

"Volo... Listen, I need your help. So we can stop the Time Distortions through Hisui, we need to return Dialga back to our world. Only then will the corruption stop."

Volo looked to Dialga, shrugging his shoulders. "Now, why would I do that? With Dialga trapped here, time will crumble apart more so than ever. But, the world of Giratina, how long do you think until Arceus is forced to step in? Ever since I became convinced that Arceus really does exist, there has been one question that consumed my thoughts... How can I meet such a being myself?"

"What are you talking about? Volo, you're making no sense..."

"Ah, I do beg your pardon. I suppose I must seem to be behaving strangely!" He giggled, turning away. "I daresay you deserve to know what I'm really after by now. Never in my wildest imagination did I expect coming here to be so easy. I thought the rulers of time and space were more cautious of humans. But I suppose even legendary Pokemon can underestimate us. Luring Dialga in here wasn't difficult in the slightest. I originally sought out Giratina and had it tear open that rift in space and time... After all, Giratina wished to stand against Arceus. But that wasn't enough."

Crawling back, I shook my head, refusing to believe a word coming from Volo's mouth. "Liar, you would never do such a thing. So you put everyone in Hisui at risk over what!?"

"What else? I wish to meet Arceus; I always have. That's why I tricked you into aiding me in collecting the plates of creation. Eighteen plates are said to be the fragments of the all-encompassing deity... I hold all but one." He echoes, snatching my backpack and pulling out the normal plate. "Why, it's right here! With all the plates gathered, I shall seek out my destiny."

"The Time Distortions... Eighteen of them, one for each type. That means!"

Volo nodded, holding my plate up high. "Correct, I used the Distortion world to travel to the future—the future you hold so close, snatching up the plates that fell through time. Everything has gone to plan. If I can meet Arceus myself, then I may also be able to subjugate its power... And using that, I will attempt to create a new, better world!"

"I trusted you, Volo; I looked to you as a friend when so many others brushed you off. Can't you see!? Creating a new world would destroy Hisui and Sinnoh. You'd destroy the past, present and future!" I snap, fuming.

"That's the idea." He scoffs, turning around to admire his victory. "Are you going to stop me? If you want to keep this world from disappearing, then face me in Battle! Not that you have a choice. Even if you don't wish to battle me, I'm not above using force. You are the last thorn in my side who must be disposed of."

Throwing his guild uniform aside, I felt my heart race as his entire attire changed. His hair, clothes and persona morphed into a twisted desire—a desire to meet Arceus. Holding up a Pokeball, I knew there was no getting out of this.

Pokemon Wielder Volo Forces You to Battle

Volo wasted no time and sent out his first Pokémon, Spiritomb. Its eerie presence filled the air, but I knew I couldn't let fear overcome me. I called upon Tinkaton to face the challenge head-on. With its keen senses and fierce determination, Tinkaton was a formidable opponent.

The Battle began, and Spiritomb unleashed a powerful Shadow Ball. Tinkaton gracefully dodged the attack, showcasing its agility. Seizing the opportunity, Tinkaton retaliated with a powerful Play Rough, bombarding Spiritomb in a cascade of sparkling energy. The hit was super effective, causing Spiritomb to stagger back, weakened but not defeated.