Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 2 - Time to Get Groovy

*Poke*

*Poke* *Poke*

*Poke* *Poke* *Poke*

My eyes flickered open as I groaned, feeling a constant prod against my forehead. Opening my eyes, I saw Zinnia standing over me, staring deep into my eyes. Quickly darting back, I went bright red, shouting. "What the hell!?"

"Wow, I was wondering when you would wake up. You sleep like a Snorlax." She complained, hopping back. "How ya feeling?"

"How long was I out for?"

"A day and a bit. Nurse Joy came and bandaged you back up to health."

"A day... A day!" I scream, jumping from the bed, pushing past Zinnia, and making it outside. I felt awful; I was out for a whole day while Zorua was all alone, lost or worse. "Mimi, I'm sorry, girl. I'm coming."

Zinnia met me outside, stretching and shaking her head. "Before you go charging off like a Tauros, I've looked for your partner Pokemon; I had no luck finding her."

Glancing at Zinnia, I refused to listen. "Of course, you didn't. You have no idea what she looks like."

"Your partner's a Zorua. I know what a Zorua looks like."

"Mimi isn't like the other Zoruas." I snap, looking around the small beach town and sighing. "Where are we?"

"Thought you'd never ask. Welcome to Dewford Town; your plane crashed just off the outskirts of the town. Lucky for you, I was in the area pursuing Rayqauza. You are not the first plane to be blasted out of the sky; it's gotten so bad they've banned it outright. In fact, the entire region is under lockdown."

"Then how was I allowed to pass over?"

"Good point. Maybe our communications have been jammed. But seriously, join the club. We have people far and wide here stuck." She points out. "All because of Rayquaza."

"Oh no! No, no! I don't think you understand the severe issue at hand here. I can't stay here! I have a tour to go, no!" A girl ranted; they sounded familiar, causing quite a scene. The rest of the town had gathered to see what the problem was. It didn't take me long to recognise the diva in question.

"What's her problem? We're doing her a favour here, saving her life, in fact."

Shaking my head, I smirked. "Trust me, of all the people who could wash up here. That's one girl you won't win in an argument."

"You know her? I'm so very sorry." Zinnia whispers.

"I do. She's a gym leader from Levincia of Paldea. Iono."

Iono quickly stopped her ranting as I caught her eye. Pushing through the crowd, her furious demeanour somewhat fizzled out. "Whoa, is my eyes playing tricks on me? A friendly face in this endless tyranny?! If it isn't the Champion of Paldea, my old pal Y/N!"

Zinnia raised an eyebrow looking at me. "You didn't mention being a Champion."

"You never asked," I respond, holding my hand out. "Long time no see Iono. I didn't expect to find you all the way out in the Hoenn region."

Iono smirked, rubbing her nose and nodding. "Yup, I'm currently in the midst of a world tour! I had just visited Johto and was finishing my final stop here when these losers refused to let me leave! I have fans in Galar waiting, you know! I can already imagine the backlash... And there's no way to create an apology video to avoid blame- I mean, give my sincere and deepest regrets out to my fans."

"Do you even know why they're stopping you from leaving?"

Iono shrugged her shoulders, spinning around. "Nope, I just assumed they're diehard fans. It happens. That's why I decided to skip Unova on this tour. Those wackjobs are crazy!"