Black & White Part 1 Chapter 9 - The Madness of Gretal Harmonia

The sun was beginning to rise on Lacunosa Town as Nemona and Gretel were overlooking the town from the bridge, waiting for Y/N to talk to the locals. Gretel leaned forward, arms over the bridge, keeping her peace, giving Nemona glances every once in a while. Eventually, enough time passed for her to speak up.

"What do you think of Y/N Nemona?"

"Y/N? What do you mean? Hmm, well, to put it in simple turns, he's my best friend and rival. I wouldn't have left the comfort of Paldea without his words of kindness; it was that little push I needed. He means the world to me. Why do you ask?"

Gretel kept glaring at Nemona with a side glance. "But do you like him? As in like like?"

"H-Huh? Like? Well, I mean... Ugh, wow, this came out of nowhere." She giggled. "I'd like it if we battled now and then. We're rivals for life."

"No," she hissed, moving back and now giving Nemona her full attention. You don't get it. Y/N said he was my rival. We've battled and gotten stronger together. It was meant to be. We were told to be. Know your place and stay away from him. OR ELSE."

I began climbing the stairs, letting out a loud yawn. I waved the two girls down. "Hey, sorry it took so long. The locals were less willing to tell me much about the Giant chasm. I didn't keep you all waiting too long, did I?"

Nemona had a look of terror; she licked her lips, staring at Gretel trying to speak. "N-No..."

Gretel ran over, holding onto my arm, giggling. "We were just having girls talk about nails, which we liked, hair, you know, girl stuff."

"Riiight... Girl stuff," I whisper, confused. "Well, the good news is that I've got the information I needed regarding the Giant Chasm; it should only take an hour or so to reach. "

" If this MissingNo is waking up, we should waste no time. Come on, let's go!"

"You make a good point," I grumble, nodding along. "That alright with you, Nemona?"

"H-Huh? Oh yeah, that's cool."

I turned, seeing Zorua running from the other side of the bridge. I didn't remember her running off. I kneeled, picking her up. "There you are, girl! We're just heading out."

Zorua began giggling and barking at me. "Umm... Y/N?"

Nemona pointed behind me as I saw Mimi staring at me blankly, heartbroken. "Two Mimi? Wait, what?" I looked back, seeing the Mimi I was holding turn into the other Y/N's Zorua, who kept cackling away. I dropped her taken back as she spun around, still laughing. "What the!? Mimi? What, how, I don't think I've ever seen you out of your Poke Ball before..."

"You didn't tell me you had another Zorua Y/N? You named it Mimi, too?" Nemona questioned, confused.

I shook my head at this, arms crossed. "Sorry, I thought I mentioned it. Do you know that other me Zinnia and I came into contact with in Alola? This was his partner Pokemon. Before Giovanni snatched him up, he left Mimi in my care. She has refused to leave her Pokeball ever since."

"Why would she come out for all of a sudden?" Gretel questioned, staring at the Pokemon with a careful glare.

The other Zorua giggled again, jumping in the air and turning in Zinnia. We were all caught off guard as she ran down the stairs out of town. "You've got to be kidding me! Don't let her get away!"

Jumping down the stairs, I began running after Zorua, now a perfect copy of Zinnia. Mimi jumped on my head, barking, using me as a jumping-off point to get further ahead. Turning the corner, I managed to catch up, tackling the copy of Zinnia to the ground. Holding her down, she transformed back into Zorua, giving up, still laughing. "You've had your games. It's time to get back in the ball."