Platinum Arc Chapter 7 - It Doesn't Come Eevee

The Pokemon ranch was in chaos, with hordes of Pokemon everywhere. Most had escaped the pens causing mass panic among the workers.

"Please, everyone, just calm down. Hey, you can't go there! Cheryl, please do something!"

Within the crowds of Pokemon, one stood up, raising his head, Eevee wearing sunglasses, perked up, overly joyed seeing his opportunity. Working through the horde, the Eevee found itself escaping for freedom with neither workers realising before it was too late. The sun began to set as the Pokemon disappeared into the wild, looking for his next adventure.

****

"The future? Like future, future, not a few hours later future?" Akari muttered, having to sit down shell-shocked. "Sorry, sorry, can we start again?"

I took a deep breath and tried my best to keep the situation together. "Alright, the Time Distortions we investigated together have been getting out of control. Our world and Hisui, 300 years in the future, have clashed together, allowing certain points to mix, dragging Pokemon and people from different timelines; you happened to get caught up in one, swapping places with Dawn."

"So I'm here, and your friend, who happens to look just like me, is now where I was?" Akari said, stuttering; she became far too occupied stroking Zorua trying to keep her mind straight. "Maybe I'm dreaming; I'll wake up and laugh about it with you over tea."

This got a chuckle from me as I sat in front of her, amazed. "I said the same thing when I first was told of my situation. I didn't realise how much of a baby I was, man."

"I'm in a world 300 years in the future, Y/N; forgive me for being a tad bit terrified! Is this what happened to you three months ago? You were pulled into a Time Distortion?"

"Not exactly; I was unlucky to be caught in a Paradox whined from a time machine made by a professor to bring back his dead wife."

"I'm dead. I've died and gone straight to hell."

"Hey, hey. Look at me. I get it. All of this is mental; I didn't know how to cope at all. So one moment, I'm in Hisui. The next, I'm in a completely foreign land called Paldea 300 years later; talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. But I promise I will fix this and get you back home."

Akari smirked, punching my arm. "It's good to see your stupid face Y/N."

"Oh, believe me, any other time I would be cursing the heavens being stuck with you, Akari, but man, is it good to see you."

Hugging her, Zorua joined in snuggling between us. While this moment was nice, Akari ensured it wouldn't last long by stomping my foot. "Oww! What was that for!?"

"You idiot, you left me in the middle of nowhere fighting that abnormal Pokemon; what did Professor Laventon say about scouting?"

Moving my foot around, I rolled my eyes. "Always go in pairs, never separate for anything. Although to be fair, you wanted to see that Pokemon too. But, if it makes you feel better, I did manage to catch it."

"Well, at least you got some good news..." She huffed, standing up and looking out the window over Sandgem Town. "Do you think  we'll ever see our families again?"

"I- I don't know," I mutter, hearing Professor Rowan's computer going off. Then, turning around, a projector came on with Looker appearing. "Great, this guy."

"Is this thing on? Ahh, if it isn't the crooked criminal." Looker started looking down at me. "Is Professor Rowan around?"

"Sorry, no," I respond, holding my tongue. "He's talking to Dawn's family; what's wrong, Looker?"