Z-A Arc Chapter 10 - Down With the BB Champion

We had spent twenty minutes going through the rubble of the Pokemon League in any hopes of finding Kieran. Carmine and Nemona were taking charge of searching as Diantha sighed, approaching. "I cannot believe I was so foolish to allow something like this to happen."

I pondered on what to say, just sighing and shaking my head. "You had no idea Malva was a part of Team Flare?"

"I cannot deny I didn't have my suspicions; however, she never once stepped in to aid their cause and hasn't made a move since. I should have known something was up from the start."

"There's no point in beating yourself over it now... What are you going to do with her?"

Diantha paused, shaking her head. "I hadn't decided yet. The rest of the Elite four and I shall decide on her fate. I heard one of your friends was caught up in the calamity."

"Friend is a strong word," I exclaim with crossed arms. "I'm hoping he managed to give Anatasia chase, but that's looking unlikely."

Diantha looked ahead, frowning. "I hate to leave such a situation unresolved, however..."

I nod with a sigh. "Malva takes priority, I know. That's the last thing we need for her to escape. I'll finish the rest."

"Thank you. I know this is starting to become normal for you, but we all appreciate it. Stay safe out there, Y/N, and I hope you find your friend."

I watch Diantha leave with the captured Team Flare as I focus on Carmine and Nemona's effort to find Kieran. Just as I was about to join in, I heard Carmine scream. "I found him! Kiki, hold on!"

Running to their aid, Nemona and Ogerpon were already digging him up as his Grimmsnarl had protected him from the bulk of the rubble. "Get off me! Get that Ogre away!"

Kieran was already up like nothing had happened. Luckily, he wasn't badly injured, but I could see his confidence took quite a hit. "Are you alright Kiki? Talk to me, are you hurt?"

"I'm fine! I let that Team Flare girl get away. I won't mess up this time!"

Kieran was already up on his feet, trying to run off as I shouted, gaining his attention. "Stop, Kieran!"

He glanced at me, eyes fueled with hatred. "The hell do you want?"

"Just take a minute to breathe, dude. You're lucky to be standing... Running into the fray like this without thinking is only going to get you hurt or, worse, someone close to you. We're here to help."

This only got a scoff as he had already turned around. "Shut up; You don't understand. I don't want to hear a weakling such as yourself lecture me. It doesn't matter who I'm facing... I don't lose."

I couldn't help but scoff back, pointing to myself. "I don't understand. I don't understand. Kieran, I think I'm the only person who does. I get it; you lost, you lost hard, and you'll do anything to prove you're not anything. To show the world you mean a damn. I lost everything, let an evil man get away and lost my best friend, Goodra. What do you think that would do to someone knowing that man is still out there, possibly hurting more innocent people? I get you want to stop her, but this isn't how you do it."

Kieran still wouldn't listen, gripping his Pokeball. "Liar... You've got everything you want; you can go wherever you want. Become friends with whoever you want, save as many people as possible. Even Nemona... Ogerpon chose you over me!!!"

Nemona was taken back, covering her mouth. "I didn't know it meant that much to you."

"I don't want your pity; I'm going to show the world just what Kieran is made of."