Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 7 - The End of One World

Three Hours before the attack on the Aether Foundation

The sun was starting to rise as I took a deep yawn stepping out of the Aether House, I was done with the tests and could now continue the investigation. Checking my belt regarding my three Pokeballs I still couldn't help but feel uneasy, I felt almost naked without my normal team, If things got dicey could I rely on a Pokemon I just caught and one who hates my guts?

Lost in my train of thought as Zorua jumped on my head wagging her tail and barking away. Bringing her down I held her close to my chest nodding in agreement. "You're right girl, no point dwelling on the bad. I've still got you and Liligant if worse comes to wear."

"Do you two have to be so loud this early in the morning? Where do you get the energy?" Glaidon growled adjusting his hoodie and stuffing his hands deep in his pockets. "If you're all done with your little pep-talk how about we get a move on?"

"R-Right, so, oh so exalted one, where are we heading next?"

Gladion gave it some thought tapping his foot. "I would suggest heading straight to the Aether Foundation, however, without concrete evidence, that you weren't the one who raided them, they would be doubtful to let you in. We'll leave that card off the table, hmm, where could we go?"

"You don't know? Well, that's rather reinsuring." I mutter scratching the back of Zorua's ear. "Any ideas Mimi?"

Before she could respond I felt that sharp headache again. The same as before, the same before an ultra-wormhole snatched me. Moving my hand I noticed it was out of sync with the rest of my body an after image following. My body began to glow as I stepped back startled. "Not again."

"What? The displacement!? Impossible, there isn't an Ultra Worm Hole!"

Holding Zorua before I could be snatched away I threw her towards Gladion. "Take care of Mimi Gladion!"

Doing so Gladion held Zorua by her arms dumbfounded. "What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

"Getting to the bottom of this once and for all. Don't go waiting up on me."

****

It felt as if my body was torn apart as my entire surroundings fell apart into the haze-filled neon city. I was back in New Driftveil City. On my hands and knees, I kept gagging feeling like I could be sick, the travel between my time and this one was far more violent than Professor Turo's Time Machine. Once I had fully adjusted myself I latched onto a vending machine standing up, this time round I was in a different part of New Driftveil City, also different this time was the fact Zorua wasn't here. For the best, if you ask me. Gripping Liligant's Pokeball tightly I glanced around. "This wasn't just a coincidence, someone had brought me here on purpose. Who?"

Taking a step forward suddenly a hand wrapped around my mouth dragging me into the alleyway. Trying to fight for air the kidnapper let go pinning me to a wall. Startled I took a long look confused. "Zinnia?"

The girl in question had a striking resemblance to my friend, however, looking closer, I could tell it wasn't her. This girl had much longer hair tied into a torn ponytail, her eyes were a faded orange, the big giveaway though would be a metal arm. "What do you think you're doing walking out in the open like you're going for a stroll? Do you want to get snagged by the royal guards?!"

"Sorry, I just lost track of where I was going."

"Typical of you, boss. But we can't have you getting captured. The future of Team Plasma depends on you."

"Right, right... Who the hell is Team Plasma and who are you?"

The girl slapped my face lightly waving her metal arm before me. "Hello, earth to Y/N, it's me, Zero. Get a grip, come on, the others have hunkered down outside the exclusion zone, we're readying our next steps."