PROLOGUE

During the one-thousand and six years that she'd spent as an Original vampire, Annabelle Mikaelson had grown to hate many things in her life.

But not once did she ever think that– during her first four-hundred and seventy-three years as an Original vampire– she would ever grow to hate anything or anyone that wasn't her half-brother and his desire to constantly shove that damn dagger back into her heart.

But as of the year 1474, she had been proven wrong.

And it was all because of the first encounter that she had with none other than The Doctor on May 16, 1474 when she was still traveling with her siblings and was in a small village and tearing into the neck of an unfortunate victim.

And because of the Doctor's wish to keep Annabelle from continuing her attack on the human girl that she was tearing into the neck of, Annabelle had immediately chosen to hate him when he pulled out a device that she'd never seen before and had several bookshelves fall down onto her head– along with a single anvil– and then proceeded to make his escape into his TARDIS.

And from that moment onward, Annabelle could do nothing but continue to hate him whenever he made a surprise appearance over the course of the next two-hundred and sixty-six years of her life before she unintentionally saw him once more in a hospital of all places after the very hospital that they were both inside of had been taken to the moon by the Judoon, who were apparently in search of a Plasmavore.

And despite just how surprised and annoyed she was at the fact that she was seeing him again for the first time in two-hundred and sixty-seven years, there was not one part of Annabelle that could ever see herself running into his TARDIS in an attempt to get away from her half-brother only mere moments after the hospital had been returned to Earth.

Nor did she plan on growing to care about the very same Doctor that she'd spent over five-hundred years of her life hating because of what he'd done to her all of those years ago.

But unfortunately for Annabelle, that was exactly what was going to happen and there wasn't a damn thing that she could do to change it, no matter how much she wanted to do just that.