eighteen | the sontaran stratagem

With a grin on her face, Donna said, "I can't believe I'm doing this

With a grin on her face, Donna said, "I can't believe I'm doing this."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "No. Neither can I." Then– as he made his way over towards her– he said to her, "Whoa, whoa, careful. Left hand down. Left hand down. Getting a bit too close to the 1980s."

Donna asked him, "What am I going to do? Put a dent in them?"

The Doctor replied, "Well, someone did."

It was then that the sound of a phone ringing could be heard, which got both Donna and the Doctor to look over at the ringing phone before Donna said, "Hold on. That's a phone." After watching the Doctor grab the phone from a part of the controls, Donna asked him, "You've got a mobile. Since when?"

The Doctor told her, "It's not mine." Then– after opening the phone and going to sit down in his chair, the Doctor said into it, "Hello."

It wasn't long afterwards that Annabelle could hear a voice say on the other end of the phone, "Doctor, it's Martha." While Annabelle only turned her head to look over in the direction of the Doctor with her head tilted to the side, she heard Martha say, "And I'm bringing you back to Earth."

* * *

After sticking his head out of the TARDIS and then proceeding to take an entire step out of it, the Doctor said, "Martha Jones."

In turn, Martha said to him, "Doctor."

Then– after that– the two of them slowly walked towards one another before they quickly wrapped their arms around each other.

After the Doctor had put Martha back onto her own two feet, he said to Martha, "You haven't changed a bit."

Martha replied, "Neither have you."

The Doctor asked her, "How's the family?"

Martha told him, "You know, not so bad. Recovering."

The Doctor asked her, "What about you?"

After the door of the TARDIS was closed and Martha could see Donna standing a mere couple of feet behind the Doctor, Martha said with a nod of her head, "Right. I should've known. Didn't take you long to replace me then."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Now, don't start fighting. Martha, Donna. Donna, Martha. Please don't fight. I can't bear fighting."

As she made her way over towards Martha, Donna said with a chuckle, "You wish." Then– as she shook Martha's hand– she said, "I've heard all about you. He talks about you all the time."

Martha replied, "I dread to think."

With a quick shake of her head, Donna said to her, "No, no, no. No. He says nice things, good things. Nice things. Really good things."

As she brushed aside some of her own hair, Martha said, "Oh, my God! He's told you everything."

In turn, Donna said to her, "Didn't take you long to get over it, though. Who's the lucky man?"