forty five | day of the moon

3 MONTHS LATER - JULY 1969, AREA 51, NEVADA

With her gaze solely focused on the floor of the facility that she was in and her shoulders tensed, Annabelle silently listened to the sound of three separate pairs of approaching footsteps at the same time that a man over the PA system could be heard saying, "All visitors to remain behind the yellow line. All visitors to remain behind the yellow line."

While Annabelle continued to listen to the approaching footsteps, Canton Delaware told them, "We found Amy Pond. She had strange markings on her arm. Do either of you know what they are?"

In response to his question, Annabelle simply squeezed her eyes shut and tried to push herself as far back into the chair as she could– despite the pieces of rope that were tied around her and the chair that she was sitting in.

The Doctor, however, glanced down at the pictures that Canton had just tossed past the yellow line before he said, "Why don't you ask her?"

The only response he received was the mere sight of Canton tilting his head at him, which got the Doctor to slowly turn his head and look down at the pictures that showed the tally marks that Amy had drawn onto her arms.

* * *

While Annabelle kept her eyes closed and her entire body was still tense as she listened to the heartbeats of the humans that stood throughout the room, Canton told her and the Doctor, "We found Dr. Song."

The Doctor asked him, "These bricks, what are they made of? Where is she?"

Canton said to him, "She ran. Off the fiftieth floor."

With his eyebrows raised, the Doctor remained silent for a few seconds before he said, "I'd say zero-balanced dwarf star alloy. The densest material in the universe. Nothing gets through that. You're building me and my associate here the perfect prison." Then he looked over at Canton and told him, "And it still won't be enough."

* * *

While Annabelle– with her eyes squeezed shut– listened to the sound of two men entering the prison that was made up for herself and the Doctor with yet another body bag, the Doctor asked Canton, "Is there a reason you're doing this?"

In turn, Canton said to him, "I want you to know where you and your associate here stand."

The Doctor replied, "In a cell."

Canton said to him, "In a perfect cell." While the two men in uniform walked out of the prison that was put in place for the Doctor, Canton told him, "Nothing can penetrate these walls. Not a sound, not a radio wave."

As the front of the cell had started to close, Canton looked back at the Doctor and said to him, "Not the tiniest particle of anything. In here, you and your associate are literally cut off from the rest of the universe." After the front of the cell had actually been closed, Canton asked the Doctor, "So I guess they can't hear us, right?"