thirty nine | cold blood

While Annabelle silently eyed the lava that they were walking past, the Doctor said, "This place is enormous and deserted

While Annabelle silently eyed the lava that they were walking past, the Doctor said, "This place is enormous and deserted. The majority of the race are probably still asleep. We need to find Amy, looking for heat signature anomalies."

The woman asked him, "But, Doctor, h-how can all this be here? I mean, th-these plants."

The Doctor told her, "Must be getting closer to the center of the city."

Then the woman asked him, "You're sure this is the best way to enter?"

The Doctor replied, "Front door approach! Definitely. Always the best way..."

It was then that a mechanical voice could be heard saying, "Hostile life force detected, area 17."

Then the Doctor said, "Apart from the back door approach, that's also good, sometimes better."

It wasn't until after the Doctor had started to turn his back on Annabelle and the woman that the woman said, "Doctor?"

While Annabelle silently eyed each of the reptiles that were making their way over towards the three of them with weapons in hand, the same voice from before said, "Hostile life force detected, area 17."

After some more of the reptiles came from the direction that Annabelle, the woman and the Doctor had each originally come from, the Doctor raised his hands and said, "We're not hostile, we're not armed!" After both the woman and the Doctor had simply raised their hands and Annabelle only stared at the reptiles with her head tilted to the side, the Doctor said, "We're here in peace!"

It was then that one of the reptiles had stepped forward and a gas had come out of its weapon and hit the Doctor and the woman, who had both started to cough in response to the gas coming into contact with them.

Annabelle, however, simply stared down at where the Doctor and the woman had laid on the floor before she let out a sigh as she looked back at the reptiles that stood in front of her with a blank look on her face.

* * *

While Annabelle continued to blankly stare at the reptile that stood in front of her with its weapon pointed directly at her and simply chose to ignore the Doctor's continuous screams as those green lines had moved over his body, the female reptile asked, "How can they have escaped? This proves all prisoners should remain under military guard."

In turn, the male reptile said to her, "I'm sure you'd prefer to be in charge of everything and everyone, Restac, but we rank the same." Only a couple of seconds after hearing nothing but the Doctor's continuous screaming, the male reptile asked Restac, "Is there any word from Alaya?"

As she turned away from him, Restac said, "No."

The male reptile told her, "It's fine to show concern, you know. She's part of your gene-chain." Shortly after Restac had only turned her head to look over at him, he said, "I'm decontaminating now."