thirty one | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 1

With a bit of a smile on his face, the Doctor poked his head out of the TARDIS and said to a single Ood that was standing in wait for him, "Ah! Now! Sorry! There you are

With a bit of a smile on his face, the Doctor poked his head out of the TARDIS and said to a single Ood that was standing in wait for him, "Ah! Now! Sorry! There you are." While an apprehensive-looking Annabelle stepped out of the TARDIS with the Doctor and closed the door to the TARDIS behind herself, the Doctor asked Ood Sigma, "So, where were we? I was summoned, wasn't I?"

While both himself and Annabelle walked over toward Ood Sigma, the Doctor said, "An Ood in the snow, calling to me. Well, I didn't exactly come straight here. Had a bit of fun, you know, traveled about, did this and that. Got into trouble, you know me. It was brilliant. We saw the phosphorus carousel of the Great Magellan Gestalt. Saved a planet from the Red Carnivorous Maw. Named a galaxy Allison. Got married. That was a mistake. Good Queen Bess. And let me tell you, her nickname is no longer..." After clearing his throat, he said, "Anyway... What do you want?"

Ood Sigma said to him, "You should not have delayed."

With a nod of his head, the Doctor replied, "Last time I was here, you said my song would be ending soon. And I'm in no hurry for that."

With a mere tilt of its head, Ood Sigma said, "You and Annabelle will come with me."

In turn, the Doctor said to Ood Sigma, "Hold on, better lock the TARDIS."

It was then that a beeping was heard coming from the TARDIS.

After looking between Annabelle and Ood Sigma and seeing how they were both just staring at him, the Doctor said, "See? Like a car. I lo-locked it like a car. That's funny." When Ood Sigma only continued to stare at him, he said, "No?"

When Ood Sigma only turned away from him, the Doctor said, "Little bit?" As he shoved the key back into his coat, he said, "Blimey. Try to make an Ood laugh."

* * *

As he walked behind Annabelle and Ood Sigma, the Doctor asked, "So, how old are you now, Ood Sigma?" When Ood Sigma only remained silent, the Doctor said, "Ah!"

Then– after letting out a laugh– he said, "Magnificent!" After repeatedly looking between the view that stood in front of them and the silent duo that stood on either side of him, the Doctor said, "Oh, come on, you two! That is splendid."

While Annabelle only sighed to herself in response to his words, the Doctor asked Ood Sigma, "You've achieved all this in how long?"

With a raise of its sphere, Ood Sigma said, "One hundred years."

With a quick turn of his head, the Doctor said, "Then we've got a problem, 'cause all this is way too fast. Not just the city. I mean, your ability to call me. Reaching all the way back to the twenty-first century. Something's accelerating your species way beyond normal."

Ood Sigma told him, "And the mind of the Ood is troubled."

In turn, the Doctor asked him, "Why? What's happened?"